Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: L&S Oil Separator group buy

Name: Robert

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

L&S Oil Separator group buy

Hey guys,

I brought this up a few weeks ago but I think the thread died off and it didn't get a lot of attention. Anyway, I just emailed Vince at L&S and told him I need an oil separator and asked him what the best price he could give me was. I also told him that I tried to get interest here for a group buy recently but didn't have much luck - well, he responded and asked how many of us would be interested in purchasing one, noting that he will work with a small group if necessary. I know I can't be the only one needing this mod...how many of you would be interested? It'll certainly be more cost-efficient for us this way. Let me know so I can get back to him soon. Thanks!

Robert

dragginNCrds
    Name: Will

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    depends on how much it is i would be interested..

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    If you get enough to do it, ask him if he'd send me a refund for the difference of what I paid 3 weeks ago for mine...lol. Best Buy does that on the stuff they sell if it goes on sale within 30 days!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol!

You may want to post up on LR to see if there's interest, although PM the moderators there first because a couple of them can get their panties wadded up in a bunch because if they miss opportunities to try and look like obedient good little boys for the autoguide site owners lol.

Name: zac

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    i am in. There was a member in the new members section who says he works for L & S. There was alot of interest in that thread about the group buy

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/new-mem...-glynn-la.html

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    This is a good start - I would imagine 5 is enough to constitue a 'small group.' If we can get to 5 I'll email him back.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Let's get this party started! Ready to throw mine on. Blower and intercooler were cleaned today!

Name: mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i will be interested in one....

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Awesome. I'll shoot him an email either today or tomorrow and let him know we've got a small group together and I'll see what kind of price he can give us! Thanks guys.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Alright, I just talked to Vince - says he'll let them go for $165 shipped to our doors. He also mentioned that if people can PayPal as a "gift" so he doesn't have to eat transaction fees or credit card fees, he'll take another $5 off. (Not sure how that works as I don't have a PayPal account) Who's in?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    im in. just let me know the paypal info!

Nathan
    Name: nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I'm in if your still doing this

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    just a quick question for those who can answer. What is the diferrence between l & s seporator and the JLT seporator other that the 40$ diferrence?

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zrated12 View Post
    just a quick question for those who can answer. What is the diferrence between l & s seporator and the JLT seporator other that the 40$ diferrence?
    For starters, the JLT is a canister separator that you have to empty occasionally. It looks like a bigger aluminum water separator that I used to run till I got my L & S. I used to have to empty my water separator every fill up.

The L & S however separates the oil then the it drains back into the engine via the oil fill cap...meaning there is nothing to empty...ever. Beyond that I don't know any more, but for an extra $40, and the lack of maintenance- its worth every penny of what I paid to me.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    The L&S works better, and is maintenance free, but it's on the bulky/uglier side with the way the separator looks, and how all the lines run and being stiff hard hose.

The JLT works pretty well, not quite as good as the L&S, and it does require emptying on occasion, but it's very compact and small, can be mounted anywhere, you can use AN fittings and hose if you prefer, and the hose routing is very flexible since you placeit where you want it.

I've had an L&S, AMW, Home Depot Style, JLP Reroute, and JLT over all these years and various combos. If it were my DD and high mileage I'd run a L&S, but since it's my weekend toy, and I like a clean/purdy engine bay, I run a JLT now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast