Thread: Woofers questions

Name: Romereo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Woofers questions

Reading all the articles in the how-to's it seems most people are in favor of the Stealth boxes for the 2002 HD's.
    1. Has anyone done the Stealth boxes in the front and/or rear consoles
    2. is this the ONLY option for woofers in the HD's

I went to various other places and they all want to charge crazy prices for a custom built box for the consoles. Car toys 2k for a custom box. The Stealth is a great option but some people posted how they blow those speakers and upgraded to a better speaker for that box. I welcome any pics

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    are you wanting something stealth and stock looking? or do you want something visible and not stock looking.
    i for one am not a fan of multiple subs visible. so i went with the HDformula box. to keep it looking stock. i would have done the stealth box but couldn't get it north of the border for a reasonable price.

search HDformula box on here and you will see a cheap alternate to the stealth box and you can put whatever sub you want in it.

if you want loud and visible there was a guy on here that did custom boxes to fit multiple subs that will replace the whole rear sub box.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Really easy to build your own box for the rear console based on the HD4mula plans, I uploaded a google sketchup diagram which is easier to visualize all the measurements when I built mine.

I still haven't figured out a way to mount mine in exactly the same location as the stock console guts did, so it looks a little goofy if you know where the console is supposed to be, but I still love that it's totally invisible and it does sounds great with a cheap downfiring 12" boston accoustics sub.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    here is a link to many options.

mine is the first reply with my hdformula box. there are alot of nice boxes in this thread. from cheap to mucho bucks.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/audio-s...r-sub-box.html

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    went with two bazooka tubes under the rear seats

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Queserasera View Post
    Reading all the articles in the how-to's it seems most people are in favor of the Stealth boxes for the 2002 HD's.

1. Has anyone done the Stealth boxes in the front and/or rear consoles
    2. is this the ONLY option for woofers in the HD's
    1) I do not know of a JL Audio stealthbox that is available for the front console...but I havn't checked.
    2) I've heard of thin speaker floor boxes (with matching carpet) for under the seats with 10's.

If you check around you may find a "used" stealthbox where someone has demodded when selling.
    That's what I did and I was able to purchase the entire assembly (speaker and all) very reasonable.

I hide a JL Audio 400/4 4-Channel Class D and a JL Audio XD600/1 behind the rear passenger seat cover.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    The only year that jl audio makes a from console for is the 2001. It has a 10" sub in it. I did the same thing as Merlin did, bought my stealth box used. I pushed it with a Memphis 500x1 amp for many years, but wasn't happy with the output. It just didn't have enough grunt for me. I finally blew the jl sub one day, I loved having stock console there so I decided to replace the woofer. I read a few threads that suggested the alpine type r 12. So I went and got one. Being DVC I was able to drop my amp down to a lower ohm and get more power. Well turned out my little Memphis was too small to push the sub and it clipped and distorted. Wanting to really do a system in the truck I got jl audio 100/1 and 450/4 amps. The 100/1 pushed the sub so much more that I had to make my own mounts to raise the box. The excursion of the sub was hitting the floor of the truck. The 450/4 is powering a set of alpine type r 6.5 components in each door. I'm happy with the way it sounds now, and can finally hear my stereo over the exhaust lol

Name: Romereo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Definetly don't want the sub to show. I like the Bazooka tubes but don't know if that will be enough. The speakers under the seat sounds excellant but am gonna look into the HD formula option. Thanks for the links and ideas.

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    did 2 of em with built-in 250w amps.. its enough for me..provided its hidden.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Something like this under the seats??? 3.5 inches high

10TW3-D4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - TW3 - JL Audio

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Thats some really impressive stuff...I wonder how they sound