Thread: Belt Length Redux

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Belt Length Redux

First, I have checked the belt-length chart and associated posts.

Second, I have developed a small crack in the LFP 9" (6lb) lower pulley. The crack is getting longer ... even during its many idling sessions. Ha! I am going to remove it and send back to Mark at LFP. In interim, I am going to re-install stock lower. I have stock upper, stock tensioner with tab intact, MP aux idler with three 90mm Billetflow idler pulleys. The gates 69.5 belt with current config is tight. Same belt with stock lower is way loose ... even with third MP adjustable idler pulley set at max travel.

I am thinking that 69 may still be loose and that 68.5 may be about right (with 3rd MP adjustable idler set down). Since the dang belts are fairly pricey, I don't want to go out and buy a few different sizes of belts that I end-up not using anyways! Any educated guesses of what I should buy? My thought is 68.5 ... maybe 68 for a tight fit. I'm just looking for thoughts/input before I spend money on a belt that I will just end-up taking back off and having it sit around. Thanks.

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Stock Lower, Stock Upper, Stock Tensioner with tab, MP Aux with 90mm

So basically the change is from 6# lower to stock lower....I would say 68.5 could work but is going to be loose. My best guess is that you would need a 67.5 or 68.

I have a few belts that I have collected over the years & can look through them to see what I have. If you don't need to drive the truck for a few days, I can send you what in the range of 67 - 68.5 and you can see what works best. Then just send what you don't need back.