Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger

Name: Robert

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Supercharger

Really want to get a new supercharger, stock supercharger isn't cutting it for me lol. What's better kenne bell or whipple supercharger? It's my daily driver

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    There's a can of worms right there. One of the more polarizing topics on the L/HD boards is what blower is better, Whipple or KB.

Pound for pound, the KB trucks are faster with all else being equal. And I think KB's look better. But Whipple has great customer service if a problem arises, KB customer service is hit or miss. If you buy a new KB, Id say get it from JLP, that way you can go to him if you have any issues, he seems to have the most pull with KB.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    There's a can of worms right there. One of the more polarizing topics on the L/HD boards is what blower is better, Whipple or KB.

Pound for pound, the KB trucks are faster with all else being equal. And I think KB's look better. But Whipple has great customer service if a problem arises, KB customer service is hit or miss. If you buy a new KB, Id say get it from JLP, that way you can go to him if you have any issues, he seems to have the most pull with KB.
    Perfect answer. +1

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Would I have to upgrade my motor if I get a KB? I saw that they have a 2.6 L supercharger and it said i might need to upgrade some things on it

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    That depends on your goals. I have a KB 2.6 on a stock block. When I installed it I added 60lb injectors, KB Boost a pump and a MAFia. My goals were to push the stock block as far as possible so I also installed long tube headers with 3" exhaust and a forced cold air intake. As I turned it up I added 255 lph fuel pumps.
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    How much horsepower altogether ?

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Never dyno'd the street tune. It will put down 530 on the race tune with 116 octane.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I meant on your truck. Ive been lookin at the KB 2.6 L big bore

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1211 View Post
    How much horsepower altogether ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shady Al View Post
    ..530 on the race tune ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1211 View Post
    I meant on your truck. Ive been lookin at the KB 2.6 L big bore
    Me too. 530 rwhp in the heat of summer with 22's. I've had great success with the 2.6, over 100K miles on the blower. Maybe I'm not understanding your question, or what you're referring to by "big bore"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Got it. JLP is slow to update the website. By today's standards the KB 3.6LC would be considered big.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think I'll be satisfied with the big bore. My truck is just about 87k miles

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    If you add a twin screw SC be sure to get it tuned correctly and be careful in what you do driving if you don't upgrade the internals. Its a hit or miss when it comes to adding more power to these trucks if the rods will hold or fail.

Personally, IMO I wouldn't recommend upgrading your blower to a twin screw unless you upgrab the internals of the motor & add the supporting mods needed at the same time (at least a short block build).

My stock block rods let go when it had a Eaton on there...426 rwhp at that time. Its really like I said, a hit or miss. You hear of trucks with stock block go further on power & blower (like Al) but you also hear of trucks motor blowing pushing for more power or after adding a upgraded blower.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    forgive me if you have done this, but have you tried just swapping to a larger crank pulley?

with a 6lb lower pulley and some other mods, I'm perfectly happy with my eaton, although I did have it ported. I'm pretty sure the truck is capable of a 12 second 1/4 mile even with 22's.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What internals would I have to upgrade if I were to get the twin screw SC?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast