Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Supercharger

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Oki laid it out perfectly, and-if I am not mistaken-you can do pretty much all of the things that he listed and stay within your $5k "budget" you mentioned earlier (probably even less).

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1211 View Post
    I think where I got confused is seeing some people that have lightnings or HDs with 500-600 rwhp. Maybe I mixed things up.
    My truck is a daily driver. For now since everything is making more sense to me I just want something to have fun with as a starter like the plugs, pulley, and CAI. Then once I start gettin the hang of performance parts ill do more stuff to it
    6# pulley, TR6 plugs, a JLP cold air kit and a dyno tune will get your truck almost 100hp more to the rear wheels.

If you want more without doing anything to the engine, get your supercharger ported by Stiegemeier Porting Service and a set of longtube headers if you don't need to smog the truck. That's basically what I have on my truck and it makes right under 500 rear wheel hp.

A shift kit for the transmission is also fun, changes the sloppy shifts that you can't feel into something more like a modern performance car.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Name: Robert

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I can't really hear the whine on my truck when I hit the gas it starts to make some noise. I wanna say it's the belt not the SC. What is a good brand CAI?

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob1211 View Post
    I can't really hear the whine on my truck when I hit the gas it starts to make some noise. I wanna say it's the belt not the SC. What is a good brand CAI?
    I'm using JLP forced air intake.
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    a ported blower and long tubes isn't getting you to 500 rwhp blind.

also, oki posted earlier to not do a twin screw blower without upgrading engine internals. That's not necessary either. You can make more power at safer levels with a twin screw blower than you can on a stock blower, so a twin screw at low boost levels is the safer option, and will make more power, than a stock blower with a giant pulley and aggressive tune to still make less power. It's the more expensive route though, and more money all at once route, but long run cheaper, but that's harder to swallow all at once vs. a couple bolt on's here and there.

Sounds like your truck is mostly all stock, and in that case start with the basics. 6 lb pulley, good tune, JLP ram air intake, catback for nice sound, bilsteins and a rear sway for improved handling, and go from there.

Name: Brett

Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    6# pulley, TR6 plugs, a JLP cold air kit and a dyno tune will get your truck almost 100hp more to the rear wheels.

If you want more without doing anything to the engine, get your supercharger ported by Stiegemeier Porting Service and a set of longtube headers if you don't need to smog the truck. That's basically what I have on my truck and it makes right under 500 rear wheel hp.

A shift kit for the transmission is also fun, changes the sloppy shifts that you can't feel into something more like a modern performance car.
    I'm sorry steigy please

He takes a hole saw to the outlet. Then spends 40 min in the inlet and charges you a house payment for 600.

I know guys who port for cheaper them that do a better job and take care of there customers.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Yeah, I wish Posi was still around.

Name: Brett

Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    Yeah, I wish Posi was still around.
    Posi was a legit honest business
    Man

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Love my Posi blower. Dont recall the exact numbers, but picked up almost 20hp/20tq over a Steig "stage 4" port. Had a slightly bigger pulley on the Posi too.

Name: Robert

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm just gonna stick with the small stuff like a lot of you guys recommended then when it's time I'll change my sc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3