Thread: Tiny amp options for door speakers

Threaded View

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts

Tiny amp options for door speakers

Finally getting around to replacing my front door speakers, going with infinity kappa 6.5's.

While demo'ing speakers at the local fry's, I liked the 6.5" kappa's better than anything else. I couldn't find a sales person to check, but I don't think they amp the demo speakers at the display I was checking them out at, they had seperate screening rooms for amped setups where you could select the amp/speakers/sub/sub amp, this was just a wall of speakers for each size tied to a crappy radio.

anyways, if they don't sound as good as I heard in the store I'm thinking of getting a small amp - I don't really have anywhere to mount a massive 4 channel amp in the truck.

My rear speakers I replaced a long time ago with phoenix gold 5x7 shallow mounts, they're OK but I may replace them with infinity reference or kappa 6x8's if I were to install an amp for the door speakers.

I found the alpine 'power pack', which offers 45x4 rms and is quite small -
    http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-KTP-445.../dp/B003VVYL46

Also the clarion version of what looks like the same thing 50x4 rms -
    Amazon.com: Clarion Mobile Electronics XC1410 D-Class 4-Channel Amplifier: Car Electronics

and the RF PBR300x4, which offers 75x4 rms
    http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosga...words=pbr300x4

I think I can fit any of these up front, if not inside the dash than certainly under the front center console.

Any thoughts? I've found a lot of people using the alpine for later model f150's than ours and they all have really good things to say.
    Last edited by Blind; 04-29-2014 at 01:48 PM.