Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2003 harley daivdson 100th anniversary 2 tone 18,000 orignal miles

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    His findings are public knowledge. You have a salvage title, no lending institution will give a loan on a salvage. Also the fact that you respond like that tells me you are shady and it makes me question how well it was repaired and what else is not being divulged. You wouldn't get 25k for it with a clean title. These trucks just don't bring the scratch like lightnings. Now with that being said you have a 10k truck at best and that's based largely on your salvage title.

You say it could have been salvaged with a fender and blending paint? Yea cause a truck that books at 18k gets totaled on a 3k fix?! let me guess....you're a tech, not an estimator or an adjustor of any kind. Stick to your wrenches and leave the valuations to someone who knows.

2 seats and a radio do not cost over 50% of the value of the truck and even if they did it wouldn't have totaled the truck. A complete set of seats are less the 2nd grand and a radio is less than 200. So you mean to tell me 2500 in damage totalled that truck? There's more to it and frankly your attitude about the facts makes me wish you hadn't joined this forum.

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harleygatorson View Post
    just goes to show you have nothing better to do with you're time but bash other people . hope that's not to jagged of a pill for you to swallow .
    I guess I ruffled some feathers on that last post. First of all, in the 386 posts I have made here on this site I am pretty sure that I have bashed no one, and that includes my last post in this thread.

That being said, I think its a little funny that you post your truck for sale -with only partial info- on a site that is dedicated to the kind of truck that you are selling and expect that no one here would do the research. I did not do it to belittle you. I simply checked because the vague description you gave of the title confused me and I am sure others as well. Even when I asked what you meant in the initial post about a "Clean title with a Salvaged history" you were very vague with your answer that really made no sense. Had you said nothing more than title in hand in the first post, I prolly would not have given it more than the first read and comment on how nice it looks. But you mentioned it and it peeked my interest as I work in the field of auto sales, and you also included a pic of the VIN. So I spent 2 minutes and looked.

Look, I think I did a pretty good job being tactful about the truth in my last post. The truth is if it were in perfect condition with a clean title, it would still only be worth $18,000 to a bank at the most. I know that you have a lot of time and sweat and blood in the rebuild and customization, because it shows. But unfortunately it doesn't mean squat to any bank doing a loan. I'm sorry but even $18k would be hard to finance. You have a truck that has a salvaged title, and most -if not all- of the banks that do car loans won't even do a loan on a salvaged title, and those that would, wouldn't go near $18k, let alone $25k.

I really do wish you the best in selling it, and hope that you get close to what you want for it, I really do.

But to post a for sale ad on this site and expect that no one would point out the facts about what you are selling is kinda silly if you ask me. Even sillier still to get so angry about it when they do.

Sorry I hurt your feelings Mike, just putting clear answers for those with questions.

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by Braker85 View Post
    His findings are public knowledge. You have a salvage title, no lending institution will give a loan on a salvage. Also the fact that you respond like that tells me you are shady and it makes me question how well it was repaired and what else is not being divulged.....You say it could have been salvaged with a fender and blending paint? Yea cause a truck that books at 18k gets totaled on a 3k fix?!....2 seats and a radio do not cost over 50% of the value of the truck and even if they did it wouldn't have totaled the truck. A complete set of seats are less the 2nd grand and a radio is less than 200. So you mean to tell me 2500 in damage totalled that truck? There's more to it and frankly your attitude about the facts makes me wish you hadn't joined this forum.
    Thanks for backing me up guys, I questioned about responding again, and when I hit submit I saw both of your replies.

Anyways, the report says "Right Side impact with another vehicle. (Case:#) SEVERE DAMAGE REPORTED" then the next line it says Salvaged Total Loss. Says nothing about being stolen or stripped. The title was salvaged 6-25-13, and it looks like he bought it from auction in August last year.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Another thing, most banks won't give a loan on a 10 year old vehicle. The ones that will, usually have a higher rate

36mo/9k/14%

Vader's Chauffer

in 2012 got mine financed for 48mos on $18k at 8.5% I think. '02 w/ 68k miles and CLEAN TITLE

Yep...mines an 02 with 160 on the body and a freshish motor.

Oh yea and a CLEAN....non salvage title.

It wouldn't have bothered me if the seller had shared the info from the start or even accepted that it's been totalled, but the reaction to the facts is what got me.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103 View Post
    Another thing, most banks won't give a loan on a 10 year old vehicle. The ones that will, usually have a higher rate
    2 weeks ago, I refinanced my truck to pay off some higher rate CC's. Owed $7k, now owe $17k. 60mo. @ 3.9% through my credit union. They will still do it if the book value is there.

Name: michael

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeap I knew it wouldn't fail another bird brain comes out the wood work . just a way for u to feel better about you're self cuz you ride the little yellow school bus you're profile pic says it all . go get a tooth or two fixed a$$hole

Still mad cause someone called you out? Be a man and admit you're wrong and price it accordingly. Or continue trying to make the rest of look stupid...which hasn't worked

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    first off I don't have any feathers to be ruffled . im not trying to hide anything if I was I wouldn't have put a pic of the title on the listing . you can say what you want to say about it you could have been nice about it and let it be . but no so socal had to put its 2 cents in when you clearly have nothing else to do then mess with the new guy . I see where you get it from you sell used cars as they usally are like that in that field . you're intitled to you're own thoughts . only thing that got me is you could have just left it nice truck I wish you the best don't have to be so picky about it ex specially when you have no other intent then to just aggravate other people . no luck is needed in the sale of the truck has been sold . someone paid for it today 20000.00 not everyone is that anal as you are whats funny to me is I got 20000.00 for it not 13000.00 like in you're expert quote I was going to get for it . learn how to read as well rr its Michael thanks for you're input so so cal to braker85 same goes for you to a bunch of a$$es if you don't like just keep it to you're self I don't do it to anyone else I just respond when yall do it to me .

Vader's Chauffer

I think the only "bird brain" in this thread so far is the dude trying to sell a truck with this history for $15k to much...then getting mad and name calling those that called you out for being a tad shady about it. Might be time to just go to ebay and try to sell it to those that don't know any better.

Good Luck with that 'Bro'.

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    like I put in the last post im not trying to sell it . it has been sold already . you don't like it but I its ok when you do it to me huh . must have not read the last post shady it has been sold I don't need you're luck . since you know it all and im not you're bro far from it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast