Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mods in the works.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Laugh Mods in the works.

Hello all,

New to this forum, and love it. I have an 03 HD black.
    I am adding the KB supercharger. On order and should have it first week in March. Built bottom end and a Monsterbox tranny with a stall converter. Along with a single blade t/b.
    I will have a chip programmed for 93 oct and 100 octane for race applications. It will also be taking out the torque reduction via the chip, thats why I will need the Monsterbox. I am sure i would loose my intermediates quickly with torque reduction gone.
    I am planning on 13-14 # boost for pump gas and 20 for 100 on race days. Will know more once I get her dyno'd to see the a/f ratios for each application. I have Magnaflow high flow cats, mufflers and x pipe in hand as well. Along with Airforce one intake.
    Should be one fast Hd when done. I should have her all completed by the middle of April. Can't wait to see how she pulls then. Will even turn a few Lightning heads i am sure....
    Last edited by ecm747x; 02-26-2003 at 03:28 AM.

03 Hd...Black

Mods...........Built bottom end, Ported heads, Stage 2 Crower Cams, KB s/c, Long tube headers, hight flow cats, X-pipe, magna flow mufflers, Airforce one Intake with home made airbox, Stainless intake tube, Monster box tranny, remote trany cooler with fan, elctric fan....and the list goes on....

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    thats gonna be one mean HD!!!! can't wait to see some times

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Harley,

Good to see you on this board as well. I am kinda currious myself with the times I will be able to pull with her. I should know by May....

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Daayum ecm747x, you aren't wasting any time are you. I guess if your going to play big dog, you may as well jump to the front of the pack. The view from behind isn't pretty.

So who's doing all your work for you? Is this a do it yourself project, or is it being pro built?
    :bo:

Click it ^

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sounds like ECM is a pro.

I am excited to see what times you can get. Maybe first HD on the forums into the 11's? Good luck with everything and give us an update once everything is complete.

;sfus

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am doing all the work myself. I am an aircraft technician by trade and have always been involved with and built several street/track trucks and one car. I like doing this, has always been a hobby of mine. As far as hitting 11"s, I can only hope. I will have to have slicks for sure to do that.
    I had a kid in a ricer pull up next to the pump I was at last week. He complimented me on how nice my truck looked but then had to say, to bad it isn't that fast. I just laughed and told him to bring his car to the track in May and we will see. I want the nice looks of the HD with the speed of the modded Lightnings. I have to over come the 600# difference in weight compared to the Lightning. That is my biggest hinderance. But any way you will look at it when done, it will be as fast as she is good looking.
    With this project I will still keep my tune conservative for the street. For my race application, I will keep my a/f ratio still below 12/1. I want the engine to last awhile.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    More things are in transit,

Monsterbox tranny, throttle body, stall converter and plugs have been shipped. Waiting on shipping of KB. Due to Uncle Sam I have to pay out some more so ,my bottom end and ported heads will be a few weeks behind. Which is ok, weather is still crappy yet to do all the work..So the timing may just be about right...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cant wait!!! someone has already hit the 11's now you gotta hit the 10's!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well,

All that remains is my bottom end and heads plus cams. Check was sent and should be done in about two weeks. The Kb showed up last week, the monsterbox and stall conv is installed and love it. Have all the exhaust parts and intake parts as well that I want. Just recieved my Nitto 555r's and rims Sat. Will have it dyno tuned as well once all is assembled. Will have a few different pulleys to have a street program and race program done. Will try out different combos to see which will do the best for each program.
    I am patiently waiting ( yah right) to see what she will do. With a little pratice on launching and testing different tire psi's and such she should do quite well in the 1/4...Time will tell.....;sfus

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey ecm747 you an old counter measures troop or what man!!?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Flatout_Krazy,

Actually, I was at one time many years ago. But the irony of it is, those are my initials as well..lol 747 is the a/c I worked for many many years.

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am a 17 yr ECM troop so when I saw it I had to ask lol

Name:

INDIAN TRAIL, NC '00 F-150 Harley-Davidson
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    man that sounds awsome can't wait to see it and some times

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have just rebuilt my 00 HD engine and wanted to put in a cam, but was STRONGLY advised against it. I went to the Crower webpage and can find a cam for the 4.6 L engine, but nothing for the 5.4 L. Would be very interested in how this works out for you.
    Please keep us advised.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have no complaints at all with the cams. The idle is smoother than I thought it would be. Many have said it will shake the truck. That isn't the case. It is just a little rougher than stock. There is a lope to it as well, which will fluctuate your idle about 50-75 rpm. But isn't bad at all. I wish I had a comparison of just the cams for you but I don't. I did all the work at once. The engine build up ported heads and cams, and the K.B. supercharger. All I can say is, I have to really stay on top of the truck. It goes like no other I have been in. You have to be really carefull in the 1-2 shift for it breaks the tires loose and quick. Have to be ready for it to compensate when it does.
    I still would like to hear why you were urged not to use the cams. Like I have said before. If you aren't having your heads ported and larger valves, and aren't going to go high on your boost, then no, the cams are not worth the h.p. gained. But if you are they do help out a lot when higher boost is used.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast