Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mods in the works.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just got an email from Brian Crower and he recommended his number 62821-4 cam for a good "hot street profile". Also said they now have an excellent spring that they have had "zero" breakage. I have the port & polish job as well as oversize Manley SS valves. Having a special pulley built (Holley S/C) and hope to have around 14# boost. Just ordered a trans from Permormance in Louisiana with 2400 stall TC. The cam seems to be the only thing I am lacking. Not familiar with the stage 2, so wonder what is the number of the cam you installed. Thanks!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the 62802.

03 Hd...Black

Mods...........Built bottom end, Ported heads, Stage 2 Crower Cams, KB s/c, Long tube headers, hight flow cats, X-pipe, magna flow mufflers, Airforce one Intake with home made airbox, Stainless intake tube, Monster box tranny, remote trany cooler with fan, elctric fan....and the list goes on....

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Checked out the 60802 and noticed it had a higher lift than the 62812 (wrong on the 62821), so I called Crower and talked with Dave Crower to ask the the difference. He said that both were good and recommended I stay with the 62812. Specs Lobe Lift
    intake & exhaust = .296" and Gross Lift intake & exhaust = .532".
    Your opinion?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With the numbers of the cam it would do ok. It shouldn't need a stall converter with a gross lift of .532. Should idle a little smoother too. With the 62802 there is a little lope at idle but not bad at all. I thought it would have idled a little rougher than it actually does with the 62802. I am happy with them.
    I would like to see a dyno sheet with that cam to see the power curve and where the torque starts to pick up with it. I haven't saw any #s of a 5.4 with that cam in it...I would ask Crower if they have any sheets on that cam at all....All in all i think it would do ok for your application you are runing though......

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Changed to the 60802 cam and also cut the stall down on the trans to 2200. This gives me Port & Polish, Manley Connecting Rods, JE Pistons, ARP head bolts, Manley SS oversize valves, special fuel system set up, JBA Headers,Twin Spal Electric Fans, Holley S/C with special pulleys,etc. I think I will be happy with the results. Thanks for your suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2