Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Girlfriend crashed my 2002 need front end parts

Name: Mike

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

My Girlfriend crashed my 2002 need front end parts

My stupid *** girlfriend crashed my 2002 f150 harley on Friday. I got full coverage through Geico but they are propably going to total it due to front end work and both air bags.

I am looking for bumper, grill, hood, left front headlight, hood, Air bags. Anyone know where I might be able to find these parts? Anyone know how buying back a totaled vehicle works with Geico? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miked954 View Post
    My stupid *** girlfriend crashed my 2002 f150 harley on Friday. I got full coverage through Geico but they are propably going to total it due to front end work and both air bags.

I am looking for bumper, grill, hood, left front headlight, hood, Air bags. Anyone know where I might be able to find these parts? Anyone know how buying back a totaled vehicle works with Geico? Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
    are you also looking for a new girlfriend? lol

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Not to be a wise *** and I feel for you, but calling the girl friend stupid- some would ask- who's the stupid one.

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    "stupid ***" is a little nicer then straight up "stupid" in my books.

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Where are you located?
    tony

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I am located in Deerfield Beach, FL, right near Fort lauderdale and Boca raton. I can appreciate the humor about me calling her stupid, but thats a topic for a totally different thread. Obviously I am not happy with her, but luckilly I did have full coverage and did have her listed on the policy. I guess what I am trying to figure out is if anyone has any suggestions for dealing with a total loss vehicle buy back from Geico? What parts for the 2002 Harley would be interchangeable with a regular F150. The air bags propably would be the same, not sure about the hood or fenders, headlights. I am pretty sure they will total it since both air bags blew, but I also have about $2500 in receipts.

Mike

Name: Brett

Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
    Your still dating?

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Buying the truck is straight forward. Ins if totaling the truck will offer you the value of the truck. This price is a known price. Then you need to be quick, and ask them to buy the truck back. This price is negotiated between you and Ins. They will ask a price , offer a lower price. The Ins company will auction off the truck to help recover their pay out. Normally a owner buy back saves them a lot of headaches

You need to check with the state DMV laws about retitling a totaled truck. This might help in lowering the price.

Best of luck,

t

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Damn that really sucks. This is why my old lady never drives my vehicles. I bought her a brand new car in 06 and it is covered in dents.

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

My Girlfriend crashed my 2002 need front end parts

Tonysailor, thats good info. I want to add that if an insurance company "makes an offer" on a total loss vehicle the amount IS NEGOTIABLE. Find the highest comparable vehicles currently for sale and proof of any work done to your vehicle recently. Ask for a copy of the vehicle appraisal report and start negotiating.
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Any idea what you would offer the insurance company to buy back my truck if it is totaled if you were in my shoes? It needs new front end, grill, bumper, headlights, hood, 2 air bags, 2 seatbelts, left front fender. I know I can get it fixed fairly cheap if I shop around for parts and I also have about 3K in mods and love the truck. But I want to offer the ins co the lowest price possible that they might accept. I already found the highest priced comparables that i could find and i understand that I am going to have to negotiate the whole deal with them. Im just wondering what a good price to offer would be for the buy back if it is totaled?

Thanks,

Mike

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Its going to be hard finding some of those stock parts from other members as many times people are looking for what you are looking for...specifally the front bumper & grill. I sent a text to Cobrafcker (Ken) to see if he still has his stock hood laying around...its Black by the way if he does so hopefully your not DSG or else your gonna need to paint it.

As for everything else...give Mike Nobles up at Riverside Ford a call and tell him "Matt" from Tallahassee on NHTOC gave you his info to see what he can do for pricing. Whenever I need OEM parts and can't find a person who has a truck selling them, I call Mike. He is a great guy....918-six 4 seven-2228

Name:

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
    Yes , I has stock hood , fresh paint , was on about 2 weeks before I got a harwood and yes it's black
    JLP COMP-R, LFPVB, 6# Lower 2.93 Upper
    Hotchkis TVS, Polished C&L plenum & elbow, SBTB, JLP intake

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    How much for the hood? Mine is not black, but im going to need to have painting done anyway. If anyone has any front end body parts, please email me at starline at hushmail dot com

Thanks,

Mike

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spy98der1 View Post
    Yes , I has stock hood , fresh paint , was on about 2 weeks before I got a harwood and yes it's black
    HAHAHAHA...forgot you were spy98der1 on here!!! Looks like you may owe me a beer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast