Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New To the Harley's But MPG is Killing me..

Name: Johny

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    I've got a 6spd swapped E38 740iL, E34 M5 (sold my E39 because I like the E34's handling better), and I DD between my E53 X5 4.4 and the Harley. At the end of the day if I need mileage, I ride my TL1000R. Honestly, it's a truck...heavy, crude, geared like a truck, etc...there's not really much you can do. That's like a Prius driver asking how he can make his car go faster...it's the wrong vehicle.
    Lol funny thing you mention a Prius few days ago I got a chance to go to the track and guy had your typical looking Prius me and friend where laughing bc it had slicks well this car ran 11.9 @118 ??? We where not laughing no more when we saw that, so you can make a Prius fast just got to know how to.. But I just though that I might be the only one with a ****ty Mpg but looks like normal since everyone loves these trucks but do agree that they are some thirsty b***es

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastjohny03 View Post
    Lol funny thing you mention a Prius few days ago I got a chance to go to the track and guy had your typical looking Prius me and friend where laughing bc it had slicks well this car ran 11.9 @118 ??? We where not laughing no more when we saw that, so you can make a Prius fast just got to know how to.. But I just though that I might be the only one with a ****ty Mpg but looks like normal since everyone loves these trucks but do agree that they are some thirsty b***es

Someone has more money than brains. I would still laugh cause it is a Prius....

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m5james View Post
    Who's paying $1k for bed covers?! I think I paid like $120 shipped for my "N-Dure off eBay and it works great.
    Mine is a hard lockable one. Once painted its over $1k

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    If you are seriously wanting better gas mpg then its going to be in your tune but you sacrifice fun. Case in point...I have a MPG tune for my truck that has a built longblock (600/650 rear wheel driving around town tune) that I got 14.64 mpg for hwy with the cruise set at 80 with my AC on the low setting. Now with this tune, if I ever go WOT it will blow the motor, so I give up fun for the longer drives.

Now driving around town on the 12* & 14* timing tune's I got 11-12 mpg when staying out of boost. In boost, don't care...at that point its spg (smiles per gallon)!

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    you may want to revisit your tuner for a talk. Having rich, safe WOT tables has nothing to do with the lean burn cruise tables being setup well.

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

New To the Harley's But MPG is Killing me..

Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Now with this tune, if I ever go WOT it will blow the motor, so I give up fun for the longer drives.
    I hope you're being a little dramatic with this statement. A safe street tune should be safe at all loads.

Quote Originally Posted by oki916 View Post
    Now driving around town on the 12* & 14* timing tune's I got 11-12 mpg when staying out of boost. In boost, don't care...at that point its spg (smiles per gallon)!
    Need some clarification, is your 14* tune a pump gas tune or are you burning a little left over race fuel on the street?
    Last edited by Shady Al; 06-05-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Name: Logan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have heard guys getting a 2 or 3 mpg jump running a electric water pump they make them that bolt into the factory location and u can still use factory belt anf all

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by highboy77 View Post
    I have heard guys getting a 2 or 3 mpg jump running a electric water pump they make them that bolt into the factory location and u can still use factory belt anf all
    I haven't heard that. I think it's unlikely to make that much of a difference in mpg. Might free up a few ponies though.

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Electric fans and an electric water pump could possibly yield that

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by Braker85 View Post
    Electric fans and an electric water pump could possibly yield that
    Wow, I had no clue. I have an e fan (although I take it out for the summer) and never noticed any significant increase in mpg.

If you do both and removal the drag on the drive it could help. I'm not saying it would be a huge gain but it's something.

That would leave only the a/c compressor and the ps on the drive system and the blower

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

If you do both and removal the drag on the drive it could help. I'm not saying it would be a huge gain but it's something.
    Agreed, that's why I put the e fan in (for a little bit of hp). I also tried to find a larger pulley for the ps, no luck.

That would leave only the a/c compressor and the ps on the drive system and the blower
    And the alternator.

Oh yes the alternatee

I <3 Mini trucks
    Name:

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
    Why isn't anyone talking about rear end gears?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast