Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
Well'p, my friend you have a 5000+Lb supercharged truck, there is not much improvement to be made, unless you stop driving it. We all don't love these trucks for the mileage they make.

I have read a few threads here and a few on LR and even some FB posts about this very subject, and for the most part everyone gets between 10-13 mpg on average for all the replies I have read. There are a few that say they can get better, but I have a hard time believing it.

I average 10.7mpg in town, but have gotten as good as 15 mpg when freeway driving on a long trip...but that was only once.

I hope that you don't decide to sell your truck, but if its your daily driver and you have a long commute, maybe a used hybrid is in your future, who knows do some math, maybe the fuel you save by not driving your HD would pay for the Prius...?

My advice on the question you asked: If you are getting worse than 10mpg in town, I would suggest getting new upstream o2 sensors. I did them on mine and saw a jump in performance and about 1mpg gain. Beyond that and a clean IC, there isn't much you are going to improve.

Try to measure in Smiles Per Gallon instead, that should help!
I Do driver her most off the time, Now since you mention weight Im thinking about removing My spare and bed cover that should drop few lbs and doing a electric fan, I already have a 18" fan but need the wiring. Also what do you mean by O2's sensors is that an upgrade?