Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Want to go faster

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 210sRenegade View Post
    Also I have a stock pully on my sc. I'm putting a #6 lower pully will a 68.5 belt be the right one for my truck?
    if you haven't done this yet, then I don't really understand the point here. The 6# pulley is going to be a massive change to your truck.
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

Nathan
    Name: nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah? Massive? I didn't know it made that much of a diff. Do you know what size belt I would need?

Word

Yeah? Massive? I didn't know it made that much of a diff. Do you know what size belt I would need?
    every pound of boost is 10-15hp...so 60-90hp depending on how good the tune is.

I don't know what belt length to use, I'm sure there are charts here if you search.

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wow. I didn't know that. . That is a big difference

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It was tuned by Johnny L. But the tune has just been sitting there because I haven't bought the #6 pulley.

Word

It was tuned by Johnny L. But the tune has just been sitting there because I haven't bought the #6 pulley.
    so an off the shelf email tune and not a dyno tune? That's not an optimal tune but is just safe enough to drive the car and not worry.

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    No not off the shelf it was a custom tune by Johnny lightning that he put in the SCT tuner before he sent it to me not one of the ones that was programmed on the tuner to begin with

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Yes, its a written tune by JL, but its still not as good as a spot on dyno tune. It will be decent, and get you by. But its a "safe" starter tune, and your still sacrificing performance without a good dyno tune, or doing some dataloging for JL to tweak your tune (through email) so its essentially as good as a dyno tune. JL knows what he's doing though, so Im by no means saying its a crap tune. At this point, its still just a starter tune. But at least you picked a good one to start with.

Word

No not off the shelf it was a custom tune by Johnny lightning that he put in the SCT tuner before he sent it to me not one of the ones that was programmed on the tuner to begin with
    that's off the shelf because your truck wasn't on a dyno with all the mods done and hooked into their a/f monitoring while the tune was completed (takes hours).

I'm not saying it's bad, but it's not the greatest tune. It's safe to drive. A real dyno tune from a good tuner like JL would be a better way to spend money than a set of gears.

The best bet really would probably be tires. I had decent tires on my truck but after I did most of my mods I couldn't use full throttle until part way through 2nd gear (over 45-50mph). It was fun doing rolling burnouts at 30mph but it wasn't fast at all...

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have decent tires there nitto 420s 275/55/r20 but they do still spin going 20 if I punch it. What are good tires to put on stock wheels. I'm keeping my stock

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    I have decent tires there nitto 420s 275/55/r20 but they do still spin going 20 if I punch it. What are good tires to put on stock wheels. I'm keeping my stock
    Nitto NS420's are good tires. I just ordered two for the front. For rears, I've had success with General Grabbers. And BFGoodrich g Force are also a stickier compound.
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah I like them they were sure hell of a lot better than the good years that came on here

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Im on 420s as well. Not too bad, probably my second choice of all the tires Ive had for this truck behind Yokohama Parada spec-X. (for all season performance, I am in the NW afterall)

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah I can't complain they have saved my *** a couple times

Name: Brett

Liked 28 Times in 16 Posts
    Port is good 25-40 hp and 15-30 ft lbs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast