Thread: What kind of belt do I need?

Nathan
    Name: nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

What kind of belt do I need?

Will a 68.5 gates belt fit on 02 Harley. Stock upper pully moving to #6 lower pulley. Looking for belt size
    Thanks

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    According to the belt length chart (which is a sticky in the How Too section, Id suggest getting real familiar with the How Too section) a 69" belt is tight, so Id go with a 69.5" belt if it were me. Let the tensioner keep it tight.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/how-art...gth-chart.html

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    See that's what I read. LFP told be 68.5. Johnny Lightning says 69.0.. Last thing I want or need is to have to start sending stuff back while putting the new on. .

Name: Mike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have had the same setup (9" lower/ stock upper) since about 2006. I have a 69" belt. It was a little tight when I first put it on but it worked great

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    But I don't have 9" lower unless that's what the #6 is?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 210sRenegade View Post
    But I don't have 9" lower unless that's what the #6 is?
    That's a roger there.

In the link he provided for belt length it starts off saying that the 6# lower pulley is 9".
    I know if you're using a phone it's a PITA trying to search and read the charts....at least with my old a$$ eyes!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Lol alright thanks and we'll thankfully the Lord has blessed me with more than fantastic eyes just not all the common sense I need lol