Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic - Paint Correction on 2006 Saab 93 2.0T Convertible

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Sadly, IMHO if you purchase some M101 you will never touch the M105 again.
    You could try some Megs Ultimate Compound (local auto parts) and try it too.

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts

Off Topic - Paint Correction on 2006 Saab 93 2.0T Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    ...You could try some Megs Ultimate Compound (local auto parts) and try it too.
    I just tried it. Easy to work with. Used an orange pad on speed 4. No more swirls, I didn't chase the deep scratches. Looks like a mirror.

Wish I could say the same for The Ultimate Polish. Hard to work with, dries fast and difficult to buff. It did provide deep rich color and now the truck looks two shades darker black, if that's possible.
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Name: Tony

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    used the same compound yesterday on our black sorento. got the surface scratches off From the local car washes and used a chemical guys MF orange pad.

topped that with black light and black fire wet diamond . took all day yesterday and still not done. need to tires and interior. probably need 105 for the deeper ones but looks 100 times better .

anyone recommend a light source similar to what op used? for some at Home Depot for 20 bucks the floor swivel type? that was the hardest part is finding a light source during the whole project.

thanks Merlin for the Kevin brown method. I wet each panel before buffing.
    past:
    87 Mustang LX GT conv.
    95 Mustang GT auto, Cobra upper manifold, intake, pulleys, flowmasters, 10 years and still miss it lol

Quote Originally Posted by tmf2004 View Post
    anyone recommend a light source similar to what op used? for some at Home Depot for 20 bucks the floor swivel type? that was the hardest part is finding a light source during the whole project.
    Home Depot has a Twin Head 1,000-Watt Halogen Telescoping Work Light for about $35
    I also have the 5 ft. 2500 Lumen Multi Directional LED Work Light $100 (cooler to work with)

They also have brighter ones 40-Watt (3000 Lumens) LED Dual-Head Work Light with Tripod for a few dollars more.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I didn't see a telescoping one only the tower type for $80. don't wanna spend more than $50.

thanks mike

found something like this

http://www.idgsupply.com/p/Coleman-C...ff512fc3dcc96b
    Last edited by tmf2004; 07-10-2014 at 06:40 AM.

You might wanna take a look a one like this http://www.homedepot.com/p/Workforce...-449/202066789. It is 1000 watt.
    The Coleman (in your post above) is 500 watt. I prefer the dual head and I like the light on a stand. It helps when working.

You might want to build one like this DIY LED Work Light. 2800 Lumens

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    I use these all the time -

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-wa...ght-66439.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/120-led...ght-60793.html

I don't know the lumen rating on the portable wand but it's too bright to look anywhere near it on the low setting. Battery lasts 5 hours on low (tested while I was camping one time)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Home Depot has a Twin Head 1,000-Watt Halogen Telescoping Work Light for about $35
    I also have the 5 ft. 2500 Lumen Multi Directional LED Work Light $100 (cooler to work with)

They also have brighter ones 40-Watt (3000 Lumens) LED Dual-Head Work Light with Tripod for a few dollars more.
    does the LED version offer better lighting again the paint? If its cooler i may get that one... Its hot enough here don't need to make it hotter lol...

thanks again

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    found this LED one..http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...5834_200585834 its a little more... I did look up the Home Depot LED 3 light for $100 and that was pretty good... medium at best reviews though..

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Ok, now you guys got me searching for an LED tripod work light too.

This is one kick *** LED light, but for a huge price tag of $1800 dang! 14,400 lumens and lights up an area 1800' x 375' and can be powered from your cars cig lighter.

http://www.amazon.com/LarsonElectron...pod+work+light

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i really don't wanna spend more than $100 but yes the one i posted from Northern tool looks really sturdy... and solid

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    So is Halogen or LED better for seeing imperfections in the paint? or is it only the generated heat that the bulbs give off that is different between the two?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tmf2004 View Post
    So is Halogen or LED better for seeing imperfections in the paint? or is it only the generated heat that the bulbs give off that is different between the two?

thanks
    They are both different. Halogen is more of a flood and LED's are more concentrated light.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    so led is better?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    thanks Mike for the combo... my stuff came today from Detailed Image.. 25% off summer sale...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast