Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brake upgrade?

Nathan
    Name: nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Brake upgrade?

Hey guys so I recently added a little extra hp with the #6 and ported plenum and sc. Running great but I noticed the other day i couldn't stop to save my life. Is there any upgrades I could do to help? I already buy the most expensive brakes I can find at the local advanced Napa or pep boys.
    Thanks

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I did the RotoPros thing and am happy still almost a year later. I am on my way out the door right now, but when I get back I can get you Mike's contact info from RotoPros if you are interested....though you could prolly find it here if you search for it.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yeah that would be great I really need better stopping power

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    RotorPros are good. There is also a guy on L-R that sells Powerstop kits at good pricing. That's where my money goes next brake job.
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

Vader's Chauffer

Here's the link to my write up on mine... Mike's email is near the beginning...

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=52141

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    LR? That a website?

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    But besides that is there any way to put like a double piston in the back instead of single or conversion kit to upgraded to bigger rotors?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 210sRenegade View Post
    LR? That a website?
    Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com - Powered by vBulletin

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Quote Originally Posted by 210sRenegade View Post
    But besides that is there any way to put like a double piston in the back instead of single or conversion kit to upgraded to bigger rotors?
    Here's a link to Summit that lists some 3 and 4 piston brake caliper kits for our trucks.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/d...vidson-edition

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That's bad ***.

Yeah, if you make the big bucks! Those big brake kits aren't cheap.

Vader's Chauffer

You can go this route, but like Chuck says, they are High Dolla!!

I'll go this route one day, after I am independantly wealthy!!

TCE Performance

Nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wow no kidding. Might as will go brembo lol

Vader's Chauffer

Brembo only makes a front kit, these guys have engineered a rear kit too, which is why I like them.

I have spoken with a guy at Brembo, and the reason they don't make the rear kit for our trucks is the rotors are attached to the axles themselves which allows for lateral movement. This is not good for a fixed caliper set up. I think this kit from TCE converts the rear axle to full a floater, eliminating this issue.... Likely the reason the rear kit is more $ than the front kit.

One really cool part about their rear kit though is that they retain factory parking brake... Like I said, it's in my list of future mods for my truck.... Just way down the road lol.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    We can also go the route of getting front brakes off of a lightning. They use a larger caliper that is finned and a slightly larger rotor. I have a set of stock replacement for our trucks roto pro dimpled and slotted rotors with hawk pads, stifflers ss braded lines, and a hydratech hydroboost. My truck stops pretty good. Even before the hydroboost. But I want more bite. I picked up a set of calipers and brackets from a lightning. Actually have 2 sets now lol. I'm going to get a set of dimpled and slotted rotors and hawk pads for a L eventually as I think having the larger areas of the pads, caliper and rotors will help more. I would love a real bbk but for now I think this will be my best option. Plus I can still run my 15" bogart fronts once I grind the front L calipers down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast