Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: S/C oil from dealer

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by califabricator View Post
    i went on the MP site and seen a whole idler assembly, is that what you was talking about.. and then the idlers .. do they ahve them on the site too as well ?

+5 plugs and pump but wont any other pump that moves fluid be over pumping fluid .. ? or does it just cycle it thru continuously..?

im sold on changing the pump.. and the plugs will get ordered tomorrow .. once i have the pump and all the mounting hardware i'll be ready for Intercooler clean .. ..
    thanks for all the input..
    Have you actually checked your IC pump out to make sure it is not working? Sometimes just a tap on the exterior of the pump is all that is needed to bring it back to life as corrosion builds up.

Some guys have been successful in pulling the OEM pump apart and cleaning it and then reinstalling it and it works fine. It just recirculates the coolant for that IC system only.

I'd check it thoroughly to make sure you're not wasting money that you could put to other mods first.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Mine needed a tap, then it worked. However, after a few minutes, it needed another tap. So I changed. Now always works. The gt500 pump is about $110 if I'm not mistaken. My buddy had a slightly used one I got for $40

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I did THIS 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier...took about 2 hours but time and parts were still less than a new pump, plus I got to spend 2 hours making my truck better. I love doing that instead of working.

Before this it was the tap tap game, even after I took it off and cleaned it out with electrical parts cleaner. Now it works perfectly AND every time.

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    The pumps build up Carbon dust as the brushes wear out. The MP idler bridge is the while thing you saw. It doesn't come with pulleys but check with because-racecar.com. I originally ordered three 100mm but found the 100 up top was too big. Swapped for a 90mm and all is good. So an MP Bridge with 2 100mm pulleys and 1 90mm

Email is fast..... Jake@3rdrowinnovations.com

Name: edward

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Braker85 View Post
    The pumps build up Carbon dust as the brushes wear out. The MP idler bridge is the while thing you saw. It doesn't come with pulleys but check with because-racecar.com. I originally ordered three 100mm but found the 100 up top was too big. Swapped for a 90mm and all is good. So an MP Bridge with 2 100mm pulleys and 1 90mm

nice , it sure makes it easy now to just go to mp site and go straight to what i need.. right now the mp bridge is doable along with the pulleys.. what about the belt ... can i use the stock set up ?

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    dam .. looks like im gonna have to pinch some pennies on the I/C pump.. but yes i dont think its working..

will i notice some performance if i get the one for the gt 500..? i know i want the coolant to be as cold as possible and to achieve this it needs to be circulating ..please chime in , last thing i want is to spend more money at the dealer for nothing..

No performance. I feel it moves more fluid than our Stock one, and is smaller

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    dam .. looks like im gonna have to pinch some pennies on the I/C pump.. but yes i dont think its working..

will i notice some performance if i get the one for the gt 500..? i know i want the coolant to be as cold as possible and to achieve this it needs to be circulating ..please chime in , last thing i want is to spend more money at the dealer for nothing..
    After your truck has started and warmed up a bit, open the IC reservoir and look inside and see if the coolant is circulating or bubbling. If you still don't see any activity just go underneath and put your hand on the pump to feel if it is running or not. That will definitely let you know for sure if it is working or not.

Name: Jake

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    nice , it sure makes it easy now to just go to mp site and go straight to what i need.. right now the mp bridge is doable along with the pulleys.. what about the belt ... can i use the stock set up ?
    Your stock belt will work for the time being. Just have to keep the tension up top kinda loose. I can't remember what belt I'm running but it's the same length as a 6# pulley setup (I have no lower, just a 2.93 upper)..

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    After your truck has started and warmed up a bit, open the IC reservoir and look inside and see if the coolant is circulating or bubbling. If you still don't see any activity just go underneath and put your hand on the pump to feel if it is running or not. That will definitely let you know for sure if it is working or not.

well i ran the truck and parked it with it still runnning, i opened the I/C cooler reservoirto look if it was moving the coolant, in all .. it was not no bubbles no flow etc .. so i stucl my finger in it to see if it was even hot and it wasnt .. som im bent on pump not working.. the GT500 pump sounds good to me but im not feeling having to fab up a bracket so im gonna go with the bosch.. theres a part number on the existing unit.. i'll start there and continue to research.. if i can manage a jabasco then i will lean towrads that ..

i swear i love this truck and want to do these mods but it has to be methodical due to it being a daily driver ..
    i thank you guys for real.. !

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Next time you check it, give the intercooler pump a whack with a wrench and see if that makes it fire up. If it does, you should try taking the pump motor apart and cleaning it out first. It's basically an r/c car motor. If while cleaning it out you notice the brushes are going bad, you can replace them.

12. The Following User Liked Blind For This Useful Post:

Shady Al (08-26-2014)

All you have to do is bend the bracket

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    well i ended up getting the gt500 off of ford racing so i have it on hand, im also getting the carbon brushes for repairing the one i have ..

im still thinking of running the orange heavy duty coolant .. i hope theres no issue

15. The Following User Liked califabricator For This Useful Post:

Bigd3077 (09-03-2014)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4