Thread: Getting a new tuner...for FREE!!

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts

Getting a new tuner...for FREE!!

So when i got my truck a few years ago, a buddy of mine got me a Superchips VIVID Linq for my birthday. It's supposed to add 29hp and 40ft-lbs, and have all the other tuner abilities like Speedo correction shift points and firmness ect. but no real tunning customization beyond that. Canned tunes only (booo). The cool part of this thing is it was its Bluetooth connection, that allows me to monitor all kinds of gauges like Tach & IAT2 from their Mobile app on my phone. Well all was working fine and dandy when android decided to update my phone to the latest version (KitKat), which is when the app stopped working properly. I could still "tune" from the app fine, but it was no longer usable as an IAT gauge.

After a few calls, I got someone on the phone that told me this was an old product that they were no longer going to support, so the app will not be updated. After my little song and dance (I paid $500 for this thing 2 years ago and now its worthless?!?!) they opened a case and told me they would call me back in a day or 2 with a possible solution. He made it sound like he would give me a deal on a different tuner, like $50 off or something...I wasn't really interested, but I wanted to see where it would go.

After 2 weeks and no call, I called them back to find out wtf was going on. I got the same guy I spoke with last and he too the reigns again. After he spoke with his supervisor for a minute, he told me that they were going to send me This for free! All I have to do is send my old one back.

I know its not a customisable tuner like an SCT. But, what I like better is that I can just do a transmission "tune" and leave the engine tune alone and be able to monitor my IAT.

That was the main complaint about the Linq, was that in order to get the trans tune the engine had to be tuned as well, and their engine tune left a lot to be desired (really didn't feel like the 29hp & 40ft-lb they claimed) and I didn't really trust it that well when I started getting sporadic detonation. Now granted that could have been due to the IC pump that's been in need of new brushes for a few months, but I am not for sure. Guess I will find that out shortly, as I am headed out to the garage to replace them brushes now.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    after you get it, sell it on amazon/ebay and get an sct ;)

3. The Following User Liked Blind For This Useful Post:

SR81 (08-07-2014)

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    after you get it, sell it on amazon/ebay and get an sct ;)
    OMG, I can't believe that I didn't think of that....holy crap! Seriously, I was gonna use the damn thing...lol. Wow. Mind blown, I am an idiot.

Looks like I could get about $550 out of it minus shipping. Might be sitting on it a while. Hmm, maybe FB on the lightning page for $500 a little faster.

Vader's Chauffer

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    ....Guess I will find that out shortly, as I am headed out to the garage to replace them brushes now.
    So I replaced the IC pump brushes, and ran the truck again with the old superchips (sc) tune in it, but this time I watched the IAT's with my other code scanner, and they were right where they should be (100°-105°) but still had the detonation. Out came the tune and in the mail this POS goes!

Blind I looked at the at the JLP site and for $625 I can get a 6lb lower, plugs and an SCT X3. So if I can sell that other one for $550ish this might just work out to be about all the base mods for only $75! This deal is looking better all the time!

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    lol, I would think that would be a great come up. I sell stuff on amazon all the time and usually pretty quickly, so I would suggest listing it there first. I have great luck when I send things in to have Amazon handle everything (FBA - fullfilled by amazon) that way people with prime get free 2-day delivery of the stuff. Really simple to setup.

7. The Following 2 Users LIked Blind For This Useful Post:

harleyhank (08-09-2014), SoCal Waite (08-07-2014)