Thread: NEW! Carpro Immortal

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

NEW! Carpro Immortal

Self-healing polymer coating
    Just announced at SEMA 2014

http://carpro-immortal.com
    Last edited by Merlin; 07-14-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    WOW!! That stuff has got to be like $300 per ounce though...

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Oh, not elf healing. It reads mortal elf healing, lol

Stock Block Beast 11.322
    Name:

Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Isn't that the stuff Superman's suit is made of?
    Kenne Bell 2.6 - JLP Forced Air Induction - MAFia - JLP Thunder Tube - 60 lb Injectors - Kenne Bell Boost A Pump - Afco Heat Exchanger - Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps - Accufab SBTB - Denso Plugs - JLP IC Reservoir - PI Stall Converter - Weapon X cops - Factory Tech Valve Body - JLP Comp R Exhaust - QA1 Shocks - Beltech Drop Springs - PST CF Driveshaft - Flex Form Fiberglass Leafs - JLP Shackles - Hotchkis Sway Bars - JLP Traction Bars - RotorPro Brakes - Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges - DiabloSport Predator - JLP Dyno Tune - Detroit Truetrac - Forte and Grabbers - Bogarts and Hoosiers

5. The Following User Liked Shady Al For This Useful Post:

GRANTBP (02-27-2016)

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Does this mean that one day detailing will become obsolete?

I still remember how I got into "detailing".

I purchased Shamu and very proudly to it to work the next day. I parked it in the garage under the lights. One of my co-workers looked at it and said "It's nice...too bad the paint is all scratched up". He then pointed to all the swirls that were illuminated on the hood. I began looking for a detailer to polish my hood. I could not find anyone. All the "detailers" were wash, wax, vacuum, wipe the dash, clean the windows and apply a "glazed doughnut" tire dressing. No skilled paint polishers. That's when I began researching, purchasing and practicing to become the best I could be.

Now on to the next part of the saga...I attended a L / H-D truck GTG in Old Town a few years ago and began talking to a few folks. I mentioned to one person that I am learning (and still learning) the craft of polishing paint. He stated to me "To bad they continually come back". What a bubble buster...In one way I became disappointed about it being a never ending battle and in another I thought, in that case it will continually keep me busy...everyone needs a haircut and their lawn mowed etc. The sad part is you only have so much OEM paint and it is applied robot micron thin.

The good part...once CarPro Immortal is applied no more worries about fine scratches and swirls etc. My guess is you could even be totally fearless and drive your "Pride and Joy" through a "Tunnel O' Swirls" car wash. Self healing polymer technology is still in its infancy and I would venture to guess many more versions and revisions will be coming down the pike in the future. Auto Detailing products is a "leap frog" industry.

Your paint will need to be polished to "The best it can be" before Immortal is applied. I'd guess once coated with CarPro Immortal your done with any further paint correction.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Too cool, I'm ready..... Come on down!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    It's funny, when I first got my truck, I spent a lot of time on the paint and it looked great for a 120,000 mile truck. I keep it clean, probably wash and spray wax at least 15 times a month. I was just thinking, it needs at least a polish as I don't want to compound it again and go through all the swirl removal. I am interested in this product to see what it can do.....

Thought you'd like this...(You saw it here FIRST!)

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Thought you'd like this...(You saw it here FIRST!)

As always, very cool Merlin! Maybe I'll give it a shot late this spring.
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Very nice. Well done.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Just reading up and it's quite the "stuff" however, it's very involved (unlike the C-Quartz I applied myself last summer).

As Merlin stated in thread #6 above, Your paint will need to be polished to "The best it can be" before Immortal is applied. The video I watched on the CarPro website shows it being applied like a clear coat, baked, cooled down and cured for 24 hours. Apart from the cost of Immortal itself and due to the process and labor involved, bet it's pricy too.

Personally, in order for me to justify using Immortal, my paint would have to be near perfection before applying this product. Perhaps it better suited for a brand new vehicle versus one like mine. Probably the only way I'd do it is if Merlin himself treated the minor chips, imperfections, etc. and detailed it beforehand. Don't think I'd trust anyone else. Thoughts Merlin?

Thank you for your kinds words. I truly enjoy polishing paint to "The best it can be".

As far as applying Immortal...
    I requires a CQ FINEST installer that has partnered with a high quality paint shop (paint shop requirements need met).

These are my pros and cons of doing a PPF vs. Immortal spray.

There are a few Paint Protection films (PPF) on the market. (Xpel, 3M etc.) that are applied on top of the clear coat.
    Again, as you stated, I would only coat if the paint was polished to the "best it can be" before any product is applied.
    To install a quality PPF is also be costly. Just for fun, find a place that installs Xpel and get a quote to do the truck front.

The difference being...
    1. PPF is a film and in small curved areas the fit and finish is not as good as a spray.
    2. PPF is removable. If you have abused the PPF it can be peeled off and replaced.
    3. Immortal sprays over your existing clear coat and is a "set it and forget it" product.

Although Immortal is a self healing (at normal temperatures) clear coat...nothing is indestructible.
    If you want to keep the paint finish looking good then one of these products are a must for protection.