Thread: Drop

Name: Robert

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drop

What would I need for a 2/4 drop? Any recommendations? Seen a guy with that drop on his two tone and it was nice

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    There is a few ways.
    2" springs or spindles or LCAs in the front
    2" shackles and 2" hangers in the rear
    2" shackles and 2" FG leafs in the rear

Name: Robert

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Would you know how much that would be?

Junior Boost Lover

Spindles are around $300
    Front springs are around $150 + Camber kit $50

Shackles $130
    Hangers $160
    Leafs $300+

I have Spindles/Shackles for a 2/3ish drop. I got the spindles used from Ken on here for around $100 and got the shackles for $130 from JLP. I have hangers that are used also that I paid $125 I think. Havent installed them though.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Screw the FG leafs if you ever plan on putting anything in the back of your truck. Even your dog. They are not made to hold weight. They are for drag racing, not your everyday truck. If you want to drop the rear via springs, get the Hotchkiss springs. If your building a drag truck, the the FG leafs are fine.

If you want an easier install, go with the Hotchkiss springs and a 2" shackle in the rear. Hangars work, but are a ***** to install on our trucks. The rear cab mount is right next to the hangar, and it makes it difficult to get to the rivets on one side of the hangar to grind them off. If I were to do it again, (which I wouldnt, Id use springs) Id use an air chisel. Yes, springs cost a little more, but Id rather spend a few extra bucks, and get the job done much quicker.
    Oh, and you dont need the $130 JLP shackles, you will be fine with cheap $30 standard 2" shackles if your combining them with leafs or hangars. The JLP shackles are for those looking for more drop with just a shackle.

The front, yeah you could go a few different routes. I wouldnt say one is better than the other. 2" springs are probably the cheapest, and come up for sale used all the time. While your there, dont forget the clunk washers!

6. The Following 2 Users LIked SonicHD For This Useful Post:

Shady Al (11-10-2014), SR81 (11-10-2014)

Junior Boost Lover

Yep, I got hangers used on the cheap...but due to the install I havent put them on. They are actually on the for sale list since they are sitting in the garage. Another local HD may get them.

Another way people lower the rear is removing a leaf from the stock pack. But you loose strength in the rear also. That and cut factory springs up front is the cheapest way. If you do decide to go lower, also replace the shocks with some Bilsteins. I lowered mine on the stock Ford shocks and it was rough. The Lightning spec shocks ride great.