So I have searched and asked and gotten many answers on this subject. Not a ton of knowledge out there about how to spruce these things up, and a few different ideas, but no write ups. So here is what I did, and my results.

Here was my starting point, not sure why these ones looks so bad, but ewe

Here is the supplies I started with:

Since I'm starting with sanding, gotta make sure the paint is protected, tape is my friend.

All this sanding is done wet, use lots of water, other wise the rubber balls up under the sand paper. Start with the heaviest grit, 400 in my case

Move to the 800 grit

And now 2000 grit. Used the most water at this point

At this point the trim was smooth & soft as a babies a$$, so lets try out this Mothers Trim Cleaner

Squirt a little on there then use the provided brush to scrub away. If you thought the wet sanding was messy, wait till you see this mess

Now I am going to say that this was a waist of time, as it didn't change anything on the trim once it was done. It looked exactly the same as it did after I finished sanding. In fact I didn't use it on the other side, and it turned out the same in the end. Plus this stuff was a pain to wipe off once it was "cleaned". Save your money and time.

Here is the post sanding/cleaner aftermath

Now for the Back to Black Trim Restorer. This stuff came highly recommended by a lot of people, albeit the recommendations came on Facebook, and most of the guys were L owners that don't share the window trim we have. So perhaps it wasn't the best source of advice, but it was all I could get at a store in short order.

It looks promising at first

But after 5 minutes...

It looks exactly the f-ing same as it did after sanding!!

So lets try some other products I already have.

Meguirar's Supreme Shine High Gloss Protectant

Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant

Sonüs Trim & Motor Kote

I was so disappointed with all of the products, I figured I would try some of my secret sauce

So while I was waiting for the products to dry and cure, I decided to sand and polish my aluminum shorty antenna

When I finished my antenna I walked back to the trim to see the fruits of my labor

The moral? Sanding works, but none of these products make it shine.

I also tried some Trim Restorer that I found at the parts store, it has that Count kook on it from the show "Counting Cars", and it starts out great as the rest do, and it doesn't dull away like the others do, but it stays wet and greasy, and if it gets touched or wiped, then it comes off. So in the end, the only good thing about this stuff is that is smells like cookie dough! Not kidding...

Next on the list to try is shoe polish, and maybe eventually the "CarPro DLux" that Merlin recommended, or maybe the SEM Trim Black paint that Blind recommended. I will update this thread as I go.