Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't afford COG System. ..

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    the 10# lower pulley is fairly large which will reduce belt slip by itself. I dont think your setup will slip. If you want the magnum powers bridge/3 pulley setup because you think it looks cool, fair enough ;)

Nathan
    Name: nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wow.. so no bridge? Ok I'll give it a shot with out the extra pullys than. I just hope it doesn't slip because than I'm out of a belt lol

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    well the same length belt won't work with a different idler pulley setup or different bridge...

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Id say a large lower doesnt do much to keep a small upper from slipping. The two idler pulleys on the stock bridge dictate the belt wrap, the pulley on the crank makes no difference. Belt slip usually happens on the upper pulley, not the lower. But, its easy to swap out the bridge. For the money, you might as well just run it as is and see how it goes. If you have problems with slipping, you can always add the MP bridge later.

Or, you could always go the route of an old style tensioner, I think they were made by Metco, not 100% sure on that though. And oh lookie, I happen to have one hiding in the garage I would be willing to sell.

Here's what it looks like installed: (Excuse the filth, my truck was a sh*tbox when I got it)

(Before)

(After) with MP bridge

Now, for your education sake, where this unit works just fine, it puts tension on the wrong side of the belt. Meaning the tension is on the side where the belt comes off the pulley. Thats why Magnum Powers came up with the new bridge, that adds a pulley for tension on the correct side of the pulley, the side leading onto the pulley. Like I said, the other one works, I just like having it on the proper side, not to mention the MP bridge looks a lot more like its stock. But it will cost you roughly $500 give or take for a new MP bridge and 3 new pulleys.

But if your interested, Ill let it go $150 shipped with the pulley (pulleys are almost $100 alone, new) and I dont think you can find these new anymore, I could be wrong.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind View Post
    well the same length belt won't work with a different idler pulley setup or different bridge...
    True, you will need a new belt regardless. So you may as well give it a shot as is.

Nathan
    Name: nathan

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ok thanks guys I think I'll just go with the double aux. Thanks though every one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2