Thread: Abs light on with codes

Name: Phil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Abs light on with codes

hell all,
    I have the abs light on with 2 codes. The first code is The right front abs sensor. I changed that one but there is a second code c1185.
    The code points to the abs relay module.
    Has anyone had experience with this code and how to correct it?
    Thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nobody had their abs light turn on?

Sport90's #1
    Name: Matthew

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
    Info that I was able to find on a other site (not sure how good it will be, but its better then nothing):

Code C1185 is related to an internal relay that is inside the ABS module, if you locate the ABS module should be beneth the air filter housing there should be a 2 wire black connector plugging into the module, wire colors of the connector should be Light Green/ Yellow tracer, and Orange/ yellow tracer, disconnect this connector and measure voltage between the Orange/yellow tracer wire and ground, this is a hot at all times wire so there should be above 10 volts at this wire with the key off. If there is your module is probably ****ered... if you don't have above 10V at this wire, check the fuse box under the hood for a 50 amp Maxi fuse that is blown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the module failing is when the motor continues to run. I have come across a mosfet chip the is replaced that seems to solve the problem. I did not want to go in for surgery yet since the light turn on when I hit the brakes , and sometimes it does not even turn on.