Thread: !!!help!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

!!!help!!!

Hola Peeps,
    So I hop in my truck to run a few errands this evening. Crank the truck, turn my headlights on and nothing lights up on the cluster...strange thing is, I had just driven the truck with NO problems about 45 minutes earlier...

Window regulator buttons are lit, dash still shows all indicators when truck is first cranked, headlights work, windows still roll down as well...

Now here is the strange thing...
    The front wheels won't turn more than ten degrees either way, without forcing them, and there is an awful grinding/clicking/rubbing noise in the steering column...

After all this, airbag light is flashing at me, and the cruise control buttons stopped working on the steering wheel...

I don't even have a clue where to start. Truck is drive able, but not safe...

Also, have our trucks been named in the recall for that airbag crap??

Any help will help!!

Thanks!!

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I think a video of the truck running would help a lot here. Hood open looking around under it as well as inside with you turning the wheel so we can hear the "grinding/clicking/rubbing noise"

Sounds like you might have 3 different issues.

So first the lights: do the heater controls light up still? Does it show the temperature? With both the headlights on and off? I have a feeling this is a fuse issue, or a freak occurrence where all the bulbs went at the same time.

As for the steering, sounds like your pump is going bad, or you're very low on PS fluid. Perhaps your accessory belt is letting go and coming apart, and some pieces have damaged some wiring? At this point it might be a stretch, but more investigating needs to happen before we can help I'm sure.

I have looked into the airbag recalls and so far our trucks have not been named. I haven't seen the airbag light on my truck yet, but I am sure that a Google search garner you some answers on the issue.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    SoCal Waite...thanks for the quick response.

Truck is running like is should be. Boost up and still spins the wheels. Now to answer your questions.

No, the heater control lights do not light up, but the outside temp and inside temp still show. With headlights on and off. Check, the fuses, that was the first thing I did. Pretty sure the bulbs didn't go out, b/c all the other indicators on the dash cluster still show. Checked the power steering pump this morning and last night...fluid is good and steering is still "liquid". To me and I am just guessing, it seems that there is a harness that connect to the back of the steering wheel some kind of way and it sounds like broken wires hitting and clipping when turning. When I get home this evening, I am going to pull the plastic shrouds down and take a look at what is going on in there.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Well let us know what you find then.

With this new description it sounds for sure like it could be just a single issue causing all the problems.

Fast with Class
    Name: Tony

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    How many miles? I have seen the actual igintion switch cause a crap load of trouble best of luck
    T