Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Member from Chicago 'burbs

Name: Jim

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Octane View Post
    ... I need to know how to return it to stock so I can start from a baseline.
    Do I have to purchase the same tuner in order to return it to stock, and then throw in a new tune as I apply
    the CAI, Headers, 4# lower, etc? I'm kind of in the dark when it comes to what I should do with that.
    You do not need to purchase the same tuner but you will need to start the tuner with OEM baseline.
    There are two tuners that most folks use, Diablo Predator and SCT. Pick the type your dyno guy likes.
    From what I understand the $tealership can re-program your truck and install the base OEM stock tune.
    Hand held tuners will download the OEM (w/vin) tune into the tuner. This "locks" the tuner to your vehicle.
    You can now upload any mods 6# lower, tire diameter, additional mods etc. from the tuner\dyno to the truck.
    Upload the OEM stock tune from the tuner into the truck to "unlock" the tuner an return the truck to OEM base.

I'm not sure from the pic but I don't see a oil separator?

To me this may indicate that the intercooler may need cleaning.
    My first mod would be the L&S oil separator. It keeps the I/C clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Octane
    The paint is not in the best condition, particularly the hood (lots of gravel roads in Indiana? lol) but I plan on putting my detailing hand to it this spring and making her shine..
    Detailing is my world...let me know if I can be of any assistance.

I have had good luck with Dr. ColorChip.

New Squirt 'N Squeegee by Dr ColorChip

Name: Vincent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no oil seperator. From talking with the original owner I dont think the intercooler has ever been cleaned.

You will need to return the truck to stock and buy a different tuner. Sniper is a good tuner, but there are no peope in the area that use it to tune. I had to drive to Indianapolis to get my mustang tuned and I dont think that shop is there anymore. Buy SCT, there are many in the area that tune with SCT tuners. I have the stock tune still stored in my tuner, I can come out one Saturday and return the stock tune if you want. I forgot about the headlights. Previous owner put HID lights in there, you could hear them all the time when you turned them on with the truck off. THey were bright as hell, nothng wrong with them when I sold truck to dealership. They must have sold the truckat auction, and the dealership you bought it from picked it up. They had it for a couple of weeks sitting out on the front of their lot, up on a stand. Looked funny next to all the piece of **** brand new dodge trucks. I never had the cover keyed, so there is no key for it. You will have to take that to a lockssmith or simply put a new lock in it. I had contacted the manufacturer and they were supposed to send a key, but never did. Did they give you the two way remote start key fob. I loved that thing. It would start the vehicle from inside my plant, about 1600 feet away. Never mattered much as there was only one winter we drove the truck when we had it, stored it the other winters. Again it was the wifes truck, didnt want her driving it in winter. Always thought it was funny, you would open up my garage in winter and see to useless summer driven supercharged vehicles in it. Your welcome on the tires. You can thank my insurance for that. THey cut me a check for 8500 when the rims and tires were stolen. LOL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I will definitely look into the oil separator, thank you! As far as cleaning the I/C....is that something I can do on my own?...brushing the fins clean? or are you talking about an internal flush?

*Detailing is my thing too...I can wait to clay, compound, polish, and carnauba the sh*t out of this paint...looking at it under the bright lights in my garage makes me wanna cry...lol

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I did get the two way remote with it...that thing IS awesome! It would be great if you could make it out by me at some point to return the stock tune to the truck...I work most weekends, but we can figure something out. I dont have the Diablo i1000 that I plan on using yet, and I still want to install the intake and longtubes...so I will hit you up after that's all said and done. Thank you. 8500 bucks for stolen rims and tires? Anybody wanna steal MY rims and tires? LOL

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Merlin....I looked on the LNSAutomotive website...seems like a good mod to buy, so Ill probably go after it. I also saw their section on cleaning out the intercooler. Is that all there is to it? Remove the hose, stomp the fun-pedal, and all the unwanted oil comes out? Seems rather simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Octane View Post
    I also saw their section on cleaning out the intercooler. Is that all there is to it?
    Remove the hose, stomp the fun-pedal, and all the unwanted oil comes out? Seems rather simple.
    Here's a couple of threads from a few years ago on a 2002 by Jekell101

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...changing-plugs

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...video-part-2-7

Here's a youtube series he did on cleaning the S/C parts 1-15

Final Results

Here's a "Search" link with lots of threads for How-To for Cleaning the S/C Intercooler.

Here's a real short thread you might like that shows the results. Another IC Cleaned!!
    Last edited by Merlin; 04-25-2015 at 06:07 AM.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    awesome! thank you!

Name: T.J.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Plugging the silencer holes? Is that a good idea or not? Seems kinda sketchy at first thought... What do you guys think???

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmartin02screw View Post
    Plugging the silencer holes? Is that a good idea or not? Seems kinda sketchy at first thought... What do you guys think???
    No harm. It makes the scream of the blower sound a lot more pronounced = louder!
    I think Ford opened up those holes to make it a bit more quiet and not scare people too much.

I'm not a big fan of plugging the silencer holes for many reasons...I also like it stealthy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast