Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Member from Chicago 'burbs

Name: Jim

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

New Member from Chicago 'burbs

Hey there! Just bought my 2002 Harley Truck (#426) this past november. All black, 80k miles, bone stock (for the next month or so) with the exception of a Magnaflow cat-back. I'm no stranger to modding V8's, but I am definitely going to be looking for guidance from experienced members about proven performance combo's and brands to go with. She's my daily driver (when Im not riding my 07 Dyna!) and Im looking forward to sharing the experience with everyone here! Cheers!
    -Jim

Junior Boost Lover
    Name: Sean

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Welcome. Congrats on the truck. Lets see it

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks! This is all I have on my phone right now, but plenty more to come!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name: Hank

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome to the site..

Junior Boost Lover

Dang...you got a roll pan

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Welcome!

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Welcome to the NHTOC!

Great looking ride!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Great score! Welcome to the Site!! I see you got the L third brake light as well as the roll pan SR81 pointed out. Looks lowered too, some pics of the engine bay will help determine if there are any other mods that are flying under the radar...

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

WELCOME to NHTOC!

Let's see some more pics of your truck.

... ...

Junior Boost Lover

So who do you pull for, south side or north side?

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Welcome

Name: Vincent

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    Great score! Welcome to the Site!! I see you got the L third brake light as well as the roll pan SR81 pointed out. Looks lowered too, some pics of the engine bay will help determine if there are any other mods that are flying under the radar...
    This was our truck. You bought it from Thomas Dodge. Rims are not original, they are replicas, originals were stolen. Has third brake light, Lightning tail lights, air silencer delete and Delta Force Sniper Tune on it. I never got around to taking the tune back off and returning it to stock. If you ever want to tune it you will need to put the stock tune back on before you make any modifications with another tuner. The carbon fiber guage pod was added by previous owner, he still gets on here from time to time.

There is a JL audio speaker pod below the arm rest in the back. Origianl Speaker that came with it is was no longer there, has a cheap 10" speaker still mounted in it, wires are running behind the drivers side rear seat. Amp wiring and RCA cables should still be there also.

This was actually my wifes truck, she misses it. LOL.

We kept it stored in winters when we had it, and the last time I started it up and drove it to the dealership it ran horrible, I assumed the gas went bad. At some point my friend painted the front and rear bumpers for me, filled in an area where the previous owner had a back up camera in the carbon fiber roll pan.

Cant think of anything else. Oh, there is a remote start on it, from previous owner, not sure if I turned in the fobs to the dealership on that, but it worked.

Name: Justin

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Glad to meet ya buddy.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    North Side! Born a fool I guess, lol

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Runriot, nice to meet you! I figured I might run into at least one former owner here! I bought it from Golf Mill Ford in Niles IL this past November. The salesman told me it was traded in by a guy who wanted another HD truck they had on the lot. The paint is not in the best condition, particularly the hood (lots of gravel roads in Indiana? lol) but I plan on putting my detailing hand to it this spring and making her shine.

It WAS running poorly when I test drove it...misfire on cylinder #5. Got that fixed, and a week later it spat a plug out at me. Which was a fun experience because I did not know that the 5.4's wwere proone to this until it happened. Thank god I was 2 blocks from home. Heli-coil to the rescue, haha. When I bought the truck, the headlights werent working either, and the wiring was kinda crisscrossed, but I had the stealership fix that.

Remote start was still on it, and the dealership gave me all the fobs too, so thanks for turning those in! However, they did not have a key to lock/unlock the tonneau cover. You wouldn't happen to have that laying around somewhere would you?

I found the JL Audio speaker pod, which I was super happy about. I tore the Dual brand sub out of there and stuffed in a 1000 watt dvc 12" Audiobahn. I noticed the wires too, as I am in the process of changing out the head unit, door speakers, and wiring up the sub.

Thanks for the 295/45/20's too by the way. I'm gonna see if I can squeeze 305's on the back pretty soon.

I didn't notice an air silencer delete, but then again, I haven't lifted the airbox to put a CAI unit in...yet. Can we talk about the Sniper tune you put on it? One of the things I was going to ask about once I dug into this forum was what kind of tuner I should be looking at for the mods I plan on doing. I'm kind of old-school, carburetors and what not, and I haven't ever bought or applied a tuning device to one of my vehicles, so I don't really know what's involved or the possible risks. I'm really glad you told me that it has a tuning map installed already, but now I need to know how to return it to stock so I can start from a baseline. Do I have to purchase the same tuner in order to return it to stock, and then throw in a new tune as I apply the CAI, Headers, 4# lower, etc? I'm kind of in the dark when it comes to what I should do with that.

Thanks for the info and speaking up, it's always great to get a little background info on a vehicle you bought from a dealership and have no previous knowledge about.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast