Thread: Brakes Don't Hold

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Brakes Don't Hold

As the title states... my brakes won't hold while bringing up the engine RPMs at the line at the drag strip. I originally thought this issue was the result of warm brakes from heating up my rear tires, so I bought a line lock kit from JJ at Woodbine.

1NiceHarley and I got the line lock kit installed today and even with cold brakes, they still do not hold... with or without the line lock.

It's like the calipers are not clamping down hard enough to hold the truck still. What could be the cause of this issue?

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Old fluid, junk pads, lame rotors could cause this issue, but I bet you are running ceramic pads and they aren't exactly known to create enough friction to brake well.

Generally you have to choose between great brakes and heavy dust or crap brakes for low dust.

I have found that the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake pads are my new go to pads from here forward. 0 dust and they stop like the EBC Green stuff. I have no doubt that these will hold your truck back while warming the hides.

Word
    Name: Kevin

Liked 63 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Waite View Post
    Old fluid, junk pads, lame rotors could cause this issue, but I bet you are running ceramic pads and they aren't exactly known to create enough friction to brake well.

Generally you have to choose between great brakes and heavy dust or crap brakes for low dust.

I have found that the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake pads are my new go to pads from here forward. 0 dust and they stop like the EBC Green stuff. I have no doubt that these will hold your truck back while warming the hides.
    a lot of pads have little to no dust when they are new, report back after you have 30k on them!
    2002 DSG HD #09617 NHTOC Truck of the month November 2012
    Ported eaton/plenum/tb, 6lb lower, SCT BA-2600 MAF, OBX longtubes, JLP intake, FTVB, L-spec bilsteins, Hotchkis TVS, 22" replicas. Tuned by Ray McClelland of FTK

4. The Following User Liked Blind For This Useful Post:

SoCal Waite (05-06-2015)

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks guys.. the fluid is new. I use RotoPro rotors and the pads are metallic. I am going to flush out the fluid again. Perhaps I have some air bubbles.