Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rear seat or rear seat console

Name: Joe

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rear seat or rear seat console

The previous owner of my '03-#4531 removed the rear seat console to install a BIG subwofferso I would like to find another or a rear seat to fill the gap. I know there will be some fabrication involved to make a seat fit in the center, but I'm desperate. Can anyone help this old carburetored small block Chevy loving dinosaur out?

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    The 03 has a rear center console.

Name: Robert

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Got any pics of how it looks with the sub?

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Take a look here. -> http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...l=1#post611327 Is this what you're talking about?

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Here's a good third seat how-to link. The how-to is a good guide. During my install I realized one difference to keep in mind. The member that made the how-to used a passenger seat whereas I used a driver side rear seat. The front legs of the driver/passenger side seats are opposite of one another so if you use a DS seat the mounting of the front legs as described in Step #9 of the how-to is not correct. Instead of shimming the front legs I used a BFH to massage the floor flat. To get the legs lined up Ryan and I used a chalk line.

Here's a bunch of pics I compiled from over the years. I can post the links for the threads these pics came from but there's not much if any tech information in them. I really enjoy the aesthetics and functionality of this mod.

Third Seat A.jpg

Third Seat B.jpg

Third Seat C.JPG

Third Seat D.JPG

Third Seat E.JPG

Third Seat F.jpg

Third Seat G.jpg

Third Seat H.JPG

Third Seat I.JPG

Third Seat J.jpg

Third Seat K.jpg

Third Seat L.jpg

Third Seat M.jpg

Third Seat N.jpg

Third Seat O.jpg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No, it was huge and not at all well engineered. Looked totally out of place. It was gone a half hour after I brought the truck home.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Take a look here. -> http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...l=1#post611327 Is this what you're talking about?

Exactly. The third seat is my first choice, but I would do the center console if I could find one. The 60/40 seat looks awesome. What did they come in? A normal crew cab I assume.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    There is a set of rear seats and console for sale on ebay right now. Probably not the cheapest, but you can have them now, and recoup some cost selling the other seat and console, and not have to wait to find one in a junkyard, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Ford-Ha...dc7064&vxp=mtr

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    I'd have to look but I think I have a stock console in my stash I might part with.
    01 hd with a s/c swap, built motor, ported heads, stage 3 cams, whipple 3.4 s/c 4 upper and 4 lower for the street, 3.5 upper and 6 lower when i want to get nasty. wms big inlet and cai, whipple 160 sbtb, punisher built trans, circle d 2400 stall, trick stage 3 i/c, lfp dual pass h/e, triple 255 fps in a fore hat, -10 feed and -6 return, aeromotive reg., jlp rails, 80# inj., ba3000 maf, sct x-cal3, jlp comp r, detroit tru-trac, ta rear diff cover, 4.10 gears, jlp traction bars, metco idler pullies, mp tensioner bridge, hotchkis tvs, plenty of bling and soon to come new mods

Name: Gordon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you can't find a buyer I would be interested

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    If tpr103 doesn't or never had the rear console anymore, there's a set of rear seats and console in really good condition on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Ford-Ha...3D151680479332
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts

Rear seat or rear seat console

Quote Originally Posted by throttle jockey View Post
    Here's a good third seat how-to link. The how-to is a good guide. During my install I realized one difference to keep in mind. The member that made the how-to used a passenger seat whereas I used a driver side rear seat. The front legs of the driver/passenger side seats are opposite of one another so if you use a DS seat the mounting of the front legs as described in Step #9 of the how-to is not correct. Instead of shimming the front legs I used a BFH to massage the floor flat. To get the legs lined up Ryan and I used a chalk line.

Here's a bunch of pics I compiled from over the years. I can post the links for the threads these pics came from but there's not much if any tech information in them. I really enjoy the aesthetics and functionality of this mod.
    Allen, what did you do for a seatbelt on your third seat?

After reading through the post you referenced it looks like you can get an aftermarket seat belt to work with the factory seat belt latch. Curious if you went this route or did something else.

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    Allen, what did you do for a seatbelt on your third seat?

After reading through the post you referenced it looks like you can get an aftermarket seat belt to work with the factory seat belt latch. Curious if you went this route or did something else.
    Shawn... when I bought my third rear seat I also asked for the factory seat belt and all hardware. Unfortunately the receiving end doesn't work with the third seat because the cable is too long. On the driver and passenger seats the receiving end mounts low on the floor near the corner of the door jamb. Since the third seat is an after-thought there's no where to safely attach the factory receiving end.

I bought a lap belt off ebay from a store called Penasco Point Parts.

I checked the receipt and pulled it up on ebay, this should be the same one:
    2-point lap belt, 60" length, part# 1511-60

I didn't expect much use of the third seat so I almost didn't install a belt. In the end that seemed half-assed and I wanted to ensure full functionality and safety. The 2-point lap belt suit my needs well because its stowed away under the seat completely out of sight. My only complaint is that 60" is a little longer than is necessary. With 60" you can strap a bariatric rider and still have belt to spare. If it really bothered me I would have the belt shortened a little bit but its really not necessary.

Name: Herbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have one if you still need it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast