Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Punisher Valve Body - Street Version

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Yes your tune installed by your dyno guy will be fine even if you disconnect the battery. Do you have a handheld tuner?

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150 View Post
    Yes your tune installed by your dyno guy will be fine even if you disconnect the battery. Do you have a handheld tuner?
    I have the Diablosport Predator Tuner U7158. I've been very happy with it.
    I was just wondering with the Battery disconnect and KAM cleared if the tune done with the U7158 is still in the truck?

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Ok good. You can plug in your Predator and see what it says.

Look what I found for the Deep (4x4) Transmission pan.

Last edited by Merlin; 07-14-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Q.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I'm still trying to correlate the Ford part numbers to FT-105 or FT-114.
    A.
    F6AZ-7A098-A
    FT-105
    Stock Pan

YC3Z-7A098-BA
    FT-114
    Deep Pan

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    I really want to do this MOD but im concerned of the shift. Explain the shift the best you can merlin. is it normal at minimal throttle and hard when you get on it. or does it slam into gear everytime no matter what?

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIANV View Post
    I really want to do this MOD but im concerned of the shift. Explain the shift the best you can merlin. is it normal at minimal throttle and hard when you get on it. or does it slam into gear everytime no matter what?
    It firms up the shifts no matter the throttle position. Now at part throttle it is very mild, but still firmer than with the stock VB. At WOT, it will BANG! into the next gear. My '03 at WOT will shift hard enough to bump the truck sideways a little. If I am in a turn when it shifts it will go full sideways (better be ready for that!!). But as long as your global line pressure in your tune is set to stock, date nights with the wife/gf are no bubbles no troubles.

Sold my 2002 BLK #9638 to my wife's uncle, Sold my 2003 BLK #6682 to a nameless man local to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BRIANV View Post
    I really want to do this MOD but I'm concerned of the shift. Explain the shift the best you can Merlin. is it normal at minimal throttle and hard when you get on it. or does it slam into gear every time no matter what?
    LONG VERSION:

Truthfully, when I first drove the truck after the Punisher Valve Body (street version) was first installed I was a bit disappointed.
    Why you ask? Well, when the install was completed my mechanic friend said "Let's go for a ride". I got behind the wheel and drove the truck through the Ford $tealership parking lot and out on the main street. I went down the road a little distance and turned around and came back. Shifting seemed almost as soft as it was before the VB install.

I could tell a difference but it was very minor. For some reason I had expected to get knocked around at parking lot speeds. You know the list...5 mph annoying tire chirping, whiplash, teeth hitting the windshield and jerking the sun roof door open etc...none of that happened. I will admit there are few other factors that came into play during the initial test drive. The Ford $tealership parking lot was full of slow moving cars. There was a good bit of traffic on the main street. The battery/KAM discharge had not been done yet and there were LOTS of POPO getting their black and whites serviced (So I really didn't want to chirp the tires) at the Ford $tealership.

My mechanic seemed reluctant to unhook power and stated to me that the truck would learn the shifting strategy without having to do that. Well, me being the soft, mellow, reserved, passive person that I am...I quietly convinced him that it would be best if the power was removed and the KAM discharged so the learning process could start a little quicker. He then did these things per my request (probably just to shut me up)...hence my prior post question regarding the tuner, battery disconnect and KAM discharge.

On my way home, a few times there was a little bit of jerk/slam shifting in a couple of gears. I attribute that to my learning the new VB behavior and the truck learning the new VB shifting strategy. By the time I got home everything seemed like it had mellowed out a bit and shifting was much smoother. My initial conclusion...with regular street driving, parking lot speeds etc. it's pretty difficult to tell the VB is in there. It's a bit tighter but it is still pretty mellow.

Now when I got home (and the VB had a little time to learn) I pressed the happy pedal to the floor and lit' em' up. I got a nice long chip out of 2nd and I probably could have chirped 3rd but I ran out of short neighborhood road. This made a BIG happy smile on my face and took lots of slack out of my knickers.

IMHO There are a few performance mods that I would highly recommend for this truck.

1st - The L&S Oil separator to keep you I/C clean. (it is not a go-faster part- just do it!)
    2nd - Pulley, Plugs and Tune (clean you I/C while you are at it - it's easier to do plugs.)
    3rd - Valve Body (Factory Tech, Punisher or A1 Transmission-Street/Comp-your choice)

I have no idea why it took me so long to get around to this mod but this is a MUST do!

I got mine via Woodbine Motorsports Help line: 410-259-8737 / Order Line: 410-552-1074
    Call JJ or Deborah at WMS they're good peeps and thank you Paul (The Punisher) Nice VB!

Not my truck and a A1 Tranny Street VB...but you get the idea. Notice the OD light is on

SHORT VERSION:

Normal shifting at regular driving. Slightly firmer than stock.
    At WOT hang on to your azz. It shifts hard. Holee Fargan Sheet!
    I wish I had done this mod a long time ago. This one is fun!

9. The Following User Liked Merlin For This Useful Post:

SoCal Waite (05-23-2015)

Name: Dale

Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Nice write up Mike. This will be my next mod. I want so many!!

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd3077 View Post
    Nice write up Mike. This will be my next mod. I want so many!!
    Same here Dale. So much to do ! Guess I will add this to the list. It's getting long .

#8022 L&S oil separator, color matched tailgate handle and license plate bulb covers . Fog light mod ,Venom mod , JLP CAI and JLP rear shackles for a 3" drop out back. More to come.......SOLD ...........no more to come.

I'm still stock pulley and not tuner.

I just received an email from Paul (the Punisher) that said "...tell those guys asking. If they are worried about shift firmness I can build any variation .... Softer or firmer"

I read about a couple of folks that even after they received the VB they wanted it softer or firmer and they shipped it back to Paul and he modified it and sent it back n/c.

(I have read where he has also swapped out a Street for a Race and visa versa at n/c) Also, from what I've read it's fine to use your stock pan but it has no drain plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigd3077 View Post
    I'm still stock pulley and not tuner.
    I think you still could use this mod (even stock) for a nice subtle (or not) kick in the pants.
    I would email Paul and ask to be sure. PM me for his email address.

Yes, that is why it will be my next mod!

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    I agree it should be one of anybody's first mods, modified or not. And at the cost, its a great bang for the buck mod. A CAI isn't going to put a smile on your face like a VB will, for roughly the same price.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast