Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Punisher Valve Body - Street Version

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    I gotta be honest with you. Im enjoying the second gear tire shredding but the light throttle is violent lol. Im gonna reset the Kam and try again its been a few days is it maybe because it isnt a daily driver. And i just need to drive it more ?

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Have the shift parameters been adjusted in your tune in addition to the VB?

Im completely stock no tune. I that a problem ?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    No thats good. Sometimes people mess with the line pressure to make it feel like there is an aftermarket VB when there isn't. But then if you install one, it can be quite violent.

Name: Bill

Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
    That happened with mine. I did a dyno tune and pulley before the vb upgrade. I had to have line pressure returned to stock values after installation. It shifted so hard that I thought the rear end was gonna break. Just right now. Chirps 2nd nicely and sometimes third.

It seems to be calming down. I don't drive her enough maybe a trip to florence tomorrow.Get some seat time

Name: Robert

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks for the informative post, Merlin. This has been very helpful.

Question: how much lower does the pan you ordered (F81Z-7A194-BA) hang than the stock pan? I don't want to use a pan that visibly hangs lower than the frame of the truck. Do you have any pictures of the pan installed?

Talked to woodbine motorsports yesterday about some exhaust. started talking about the valve body he said do not use mercon V thats the oringinal fluid so now im gonna change it. Any other advice on this ?

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    The ATF specified by Ford has run in the transmissions of countless trucks for numerous years with no problems. I have confidence in Ford's R&D team that Mercon V is a good choice. I've ran it in both trucks for as long as I have owned them and have had zero issues. I would expect JJ to provide some details substantiating his recommendations before blindly following the advice.

Name: JR

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Were do you buy one of these valve bodies, anyone got the website?
    2002 HD F150 #5226 (366hp/471tq)Mods(LFP kit) 6lb Lower, SBTB, Boost Bypass, Oil Sep, Dual Idlers, TR6 Plugs, SCT X4, EGR & EVAP Delete, Volant CAI, Flow Master Exhaust, Hollowed Cats, Pillar Boost Gauge, 35% Front Tint, Smoked Headlights, Chrome Lower Grille, Altezza Taillights, Smoked 3rd Light, Brake Controller, Bug Deflector, Vent Visors, LineX Bedliner, 2" Drop Shackles, Traction Bars, Punisher VB, 4x4 Pan

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerRacing View Post
    Were do you buy one of these valve bodies, anyone got the website?
    Here's where I got mine...PUNISHER VALVE BODY.

I would also suggest 4X4 TRANSMISSION PAN AND FILTER

Here's my Punisher THREAD

Mobbin around the NW

WOW the 4x4 pan & filter price has increased significantly. When I first bought mine, they were going for about $45.

Name: Robert

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Here's where I got mine...PUNISHER VALVE BODY.

I would also suggest 4X4 TRANSMISSION PAN AND FILTER

Here's my Punisher THREAD
    Very helpful thread, Merlin. My Punisher VB is still sitting in my garage but I've suddenly become much more motivated to get it installed!

A couple questions for you:

1. Does the 4x4 pan hang noticeably lower than the stock pan? I'm lowered 2" in the rear and don't want to risk scraping the pan and I don't want it to be visible from the outside.
    2. Is all that's needed for this the VB, transmission pan, and filter? No gaskets?
    3. What transmission fluid did you use? I remember reading our transmissions are picky when it comes to fluid, so I'd like confirmation before I start shopping around.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting this done.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    WOW the 4x4 pan & filter price has increased significantly. When I first bought mine, they were going for about $45.
    I believe I found the Ford OEM 4x4 pan for about $45 and the filter $30...IIRC

Mobbin around the NW

Quote Originally Posted by DSG02134 View Post
    Very helpful thread, Merlin. My Punisher VB is still sitting in my garage but I've suddenly become much more motivated to get it installed!

A couple questions for you:

1. Does the 4x4 pan hang noticeably lower than the stock pan? I'm lowered 2" in the rear and don't want to risk scraping the pan and I don't want it to be visible from the outside.
    2. Is all that's needed for this the VB, transmission pan, and filter? No gaskets?
    3. What transmission fluid did you use? I remember reading our transmissions are picky when it comes to fluid, so I'd like confirmation before I start shopping around.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting this done.

1. Yes, once installed, the 4x4 pan will be hanging below the frame rails with the drain plug being the lowest point. I had one on my previous truck which was lowered about 4" in the rear, 2" in the front. When I sold it (as I was de-modding) I noticed the 4x4 pan had obviously taken a few hits. The worst being the drain plug which had been pushed in and back a little bit. Thankfully, it wasn't beat up enough to have caused any leaks or anything that could be damaging, but the possibility was there. On my current truck which is similarly lowered, I left the factory pan so its not hanging below the frame. I could only imagine something punching a hole in it unknowingly and toast the trans.

2. It's been 8 years or so, but as I recall, the 4x4 pan came with a gasket too, not 100% sure. But regardless, you will need a gasket.

3. Mercon V

Now get that VB installed and go tear it up!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast