Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Punisher Valve Body - Street Version

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicHD View Post
    Race track or not, a lot of us tend to use the happy pedal at times on the street, and traction bars of some sort are a good thing to keep your rear end from wrapping up like the video shows. It will certainly extend Ujoint and pinion bearing life as well. For a street only truck, the Cal-Tracks TJ mentioned are more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by throttle jockey View Post
    T-bars will affect shift feel and t-bars serve a purpose. Whether or not someone truly needs t-bars is a different story. The way t-bars prevent axle roll is beneficial across the board but they're aren't really necessary or worth the investment for many set ups for trucks that see little-to-no track use.

I have long bars on my Lightning where they're necessary. I intend to eventually put t-bars on my HD but right now they aren't critical. When I do put t-bars on the HD I plan to go with Cal-Tracs. That's a whole different topic of discussion. IMHO long bars are great, but for trucks that will still be used as trucks (i.e. for towing and hauling) long bars are less than the ideal choice of t-bar. JJ doesn't sell Cal-Tracs which explains why he recommended Stiffler's.

With that said, if I were buying long bars for my HD I would go with Stiffler's. I have JLP long bars on my Lightning because Stiffler's were not an option back in 2006.
    I finally ordered the Punisher street version valve body. So, Stiffler's or Cal-Tracs? I don't use my truck as a truck nor will I be towing anything either. There isn't that much difference in price. As Derek states above, I "occasionally" use the happy pedal at times.
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Since the towing benefit of the CalTracs isn't a concern your next consideration might be ride quality. Long bars will produce a more rigid ride.
    Last edited by throttle jockey; 06-03-2016 at 12:58 PM.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Quote Originally Posted by throttle jockey View Post
    Since the towing benefit of the CalTracs isn't a concern then the consideration is ride quality. Long bars will produce a more rigid ride in the *** end.
    Thanks Allen. Recall you P/N? Found these but for the Lightning. Will they fit the HD? CalTracs 7110 Lightning

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    The HD uses the Lightning CalTracs.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441

Thanks Bud. Replied to your text too.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8