Thread: My Lift Stand - Vehicle Lift

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

My Lift Stand - Vehicle Lift

This looks interesting...your thoughts?

Name: Bieber

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    I like em! Provided they're proven "safe" and are priced right I'd pick up a set. Would've come in handy recently installing the front & rear sway bars ;)

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Cool concept. But a lot of work. Gotta jack the car up, slide them under, then jack up each individual stand. Id rather just jack the car up and put a standard jack stand under and be done with it. Not to mention, you cant do any work with them that involves the wheels off. And I dont recall exactly, but I think they are around $800 a set. Shoot for that cost, Id rather just spend (roughly) double that and purchase a 2 post lift.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    It would be nicer if they attached a little ramp that you drive up on that elevates the vehicle to a height that your floor jack could get under the support platform.
    This way you would eliminate the step of jacking up the vehicle first.

It's kinda neat that you can just jack up the supports and it automatically locks in place at the top level though.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I like the height you can get out of these as opposed to regular jack stands, however they are a lot more work as Sonic said. I can get my trucks jacked up to the max height of my jack stands on the frame only jacking 2 times; and that gives me room to do just about anything I need to under the truck.

I like Chucks's idea of attachable ramps to drive the front end up, then just jack the rear end up to set on these stands.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Here's another product called Quick Jack.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    That one is much better. My only complaint about that one (I know, Im picky) is it blocks the whole side of the car, where you can only get in through the front or rear to work. Kind of a PITA in itself.

Looking on their site, its about $1300 for their largest one, 5000lb capacity. Too bad its just a hair too lightweight for our pigs. I would consider this otherwise. Ive got a motor/trans swap coming up in the future. Im half tempted to purchase a two post lift and install it in my place of business just to make my life easier haha.