Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: July Paste Wax Giveaway!

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Did you try it yet?
    No been slacking. I wanted to get some supplies before I tried it out.
    01 hd with a s/c swap, built motor, ported heads, stage 3 cams, whipple 3.4 s/c 4 upper and 4 lower for the street, 3.5 upper and 6 lower when i want to get nasty. wms big inlet and cai, whipple 160 sbtb, punisher built trans, circle d 2400 stall, trick stage 3 i/c, lfp dual pass h/e, triple 255 fps in a fore hat, -10 feed and -6 return, aeromotive reg., jlp rails, 80# inj., ba3000 maf, sct x-cal3, jlp comp r, detroit tru-trac, ta rear diff cover, 4.10 gears, jlp traction bars, metco idler pullies, mp tensioner bridge, hotchkis tvs, plenty of bling and soon to come new mods

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Ok so I got a chance to give this wax a try. First let me again say thank you to Merlin.

I washed the truck with the 2 bucket method with some dish detergent. I wanted to get all the crap off the truck since this is the first time in over a year since she got some real loving. Plus it sits outside, usually under a cover, but I I had to daily her for a few weeks while my jeep was down. After that wash I gave her a quick wash again with some Meguires ultimate car wash. Dried her off. Since we were expecting rain that night I parked her in my neighbors garage since he doesn't drive anymore and it fits in there. I clay barred it, then used Meguires 205 with a 5" green pad. I need to redo my tonneau cover with 105 and maybe an orange pad. Now for the fun part.

I then followed up with the nattys blue wax. The smell is awesome. This was at night so the truck was cool already and in a garage. The wax went on very well, and came off pretty easily. I didn't have much issue with it flashing since I worked in small areas at a time. It seemed to hide all the swirl marks except for the ones on my tailgate. Not blaming the wax at all though. My paint is shot and is actually checking under the clear coat. Been to a shop and they tried to wet sand a buff a section and it wouldn't work. Going to need a repaint when I can afford it. But for the time being she cleans up fairly well, not like Merlin's truck but still reflects well. Only real gripe I have is the bottle was too small for my pad to fit in. I only did one coat of the wax, but think it would do better with another coat. It says it can be applied in direct sunlight so I'll have to give it a try and report back.

3. The Following User Liked tpr103 For This Useful Post:

BRIANV (08-23-2015)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3