Thread: pulling off cab on 2003 hd any suggestions

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

pulling off cab on 2003 hd any suggestions

i m pulling engine and trans finally after blown head gasket. i ve been driving around with it blown for a over a year which sucked, but on a happy note i was still able to beat my friends 2013 m3 (non turbo). he was so pissed and the best part is he said is tires weren't warm. back to pulling off the body, i dont know if anyone has done it yet. i found a couple links but nothing really detailed, so i want to do a write up with pics. from what i read its pretty easy. the reason i wanna pull the body is because the whole time driving around fluids leaked all over the frame and caused a lot of rust. So i was thinking just pulling the cab, then motor and trans together, then sanding down the frame and painting it with chassis saver (which is suppose to be the best for frames but not for direct sunlight). i know its a lot but if i dont do it now i never will and also it will be good for the upcoming winter. any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. this would be the last major maintenance for awhile cause i never selling this money whore. once that is done i ll pull the bed sand, prime and chassis saver. i m just worried about the frame and i have a new mods list, any advice on list would be great. not looking for anymore then 500 whp. i m also posting parts up for sale

mhp longblock
    circle d torque converter 2800 stall (dd i never track it thats what circle d and pi recommended)
    rebuilt transmission (with thicker plates)
    clean intercooler and turkey pan
    maybe send stock supercharger to be ported
    new radiator
    mishimoto silicone radiator lines
    all lines including vac lines r silicone
    maybe new valve covers but from what i read the stock ones r the best
    new blue belts i guess from lfp
    maybe carbon fiber one piece axle

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    I've never pulled the cab to do a motor. I can't imagine it being any easier then just pulling the motor since you would still have to pull the same stuff off. Only way to do it is if you have a lift.

3. The Following User Liked tpr103 For This Useful Post:

BRIANV (07-28-2015)

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yeah my friend has a lift and i still have to paint the frame

I like to watch
    Name: JD

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Ask some diesel shops they will have better tips.... Cab off repairs are common over there

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    thanks i didnt think about that thanks. i did find a couple vids and articles from ford mechanics and it s a normal practice for expeditions and navigators. they said it takes about 2 hrs to remove cab and is fairly easy. they do it for replacing valves and other things you can do with a bunch of swivels.