Thread: Looking for Repair MAnual

Name: Phil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for Repair MAnual

Hey guys,

I have searched the threads looking for a repair manual for our trucks. All the information points to a link that is expired. Does anyone know where I can get the best manual? Only suggestion is to ask the forum, which is good, but does not work all the time.

The problem I am experiencing is with the ABS light is on. I replaces the sensors on the diff, and passenger side. Light is still on and I dont want to keep throwing parts at it because that not how you fix something. I purchased those parts because it through those codes and the sensors were pretty cheap ( and its a common issue).

The codes I am getting are :

C1145
    C1230
    C1198
    C1185

The funny thing is I will get the ABS light only after the vehicle is above 10 mph afetr it does its system check. Additionally there are time when it does not throw the light. But if I turn off the truck and restart and move again the light will come back on .

Any help wiil be greatly appriciated.

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    I recommend an All-Data Do-It-Yourself subscription. I've had an account for years for my L, I don't refer to it often but its good to have available.

Regarding DTCs, do a google search for "Ford DTC" and you'll get sites where you can view the trouble codes and their common causes.