Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Excited new HD F150 Owner!

Name: Brandon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Filter came on the truck, but it's dry rotting and need to be replaced. other than the filter they said it's never been modded. just driven, stock exhaust, just well maintained. I do plan on getting a new intake setup soon though as the filter needs to be replaced.
    Brandon H. Wofford

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They actually painted the calipers to match the stripes, lol, they did it the day i told them i was coming to get the truck, I bought if from a used car dealer in Mooresville, NC. They did provide me with $5k worth of receipts for work performed in the last several months, new ac controller and such, too much to list. I haven't cleaned her yet, i usually use maguires purple soap, not sure what to use as far as wax on her. i do know how to buff and wax without scratching or burning paint, she needs a good bath though. Will do that soon. I will post some interior pics here in a few for you guys, it's in good shape, needs conditioning i think, leather isn't torn, just feels a little dry.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here are a few pics of the interior for you guys.My HD7.jpgMy HD8.jpgMy HD9.jpg

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02_05006_Spike View Post
    The Filter came on the truck, but it's dry rotting and need to be replaced. other than the filter they said it's never been modded. just driven, stock exhaust, just well maintained. I do plan on getting a new intake setup soon though as the filter needs to be replaced.
    If you bought it from a dealer, how can they say its never been modded? They don't know the history of the truck, just sayin. It doesn't look to be modded, but you can never take a dealers word for anything. Especially when all mods cant be seen or recognized by someone who doesn't know these trucks.

How about a pic of the lower crank pulley? This is one of the most common mods, and if you have one, who knows if its been properly tuned, or with the correct MAF? Ive seen plenty of folks in the past say "no mods" to find out later they had too much boost on a stock tune, etc.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02_05006_Spike View Post
    ...I haven't cleaned her yet, i usually use maguires purple soap, not sure what to use as far as wax on her.
    i do know how to buff and wax without scratching or burning paint, she needs a good bath though. Will do that soon.
    I will post some interior pics here in a few for you guys, it's in good shape, needs conditioning i think, leather isn't torn, just feels a little dry.
    My first thought would be a good bath, a chemical and mechanical paint decontamination, paint inspection and a good sealant.
    Although a wax looks good, it doesn't last. I like Zaino Z-2 with ZFX or BlackFire Wet Diamond AFPP (BFWD looks great on black).
    You might wish to do a deep intense wash to remove any prior Last Step Products (LSP's) that have been applied before claying.
    There have been a LOT of new revolutionary detailing products recently with DA's, pads, compounds and polishes. Please ask.

The interior looks like it could use a deep cleaning. The carpeting, dash, doors, leather could use a cleaning and conditioning.
    Glad to hear there are no swirls or paint polishing needed. Makin' em' purdy is my world, and I'll be glad to help any way I can.
    If you have any questions on how to make her "Better than showroom new!" post 'em in the detailing section. I will try to help.

NOTE: If I remember correctly the 02 has the dreaded 4 thread that spits out spark plugs. Other than that it's a great find!!!

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    IMG_1325.jpg Looks like mine !!!1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I appreciate all the comments and recommendations guys! Thanks a lot! I will take any and all i can get. I'm going to take her to a buddy of mine and have her run on a dyno to have a baseline check done and be sure things are as they seem to be. I will get on getting the back lowered soon as i really love the look of it.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    NOTE: If I remember correctly the 02 has the dreaded 4 thread that spits out spark plugs. Other than that it's a great find!!!
    Quite a few of the '03's have the 4 thread heads as well. IIRC Ford stopped producing the 4 thread heads late November 2002. So the '03's got them from the start of production until Ford exhausted their inventory. My last truck was 2003 build #2805 and it had 4 thread heads. I popped 2 plugs.

Name: James

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Welcome, looks good!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Those are some nice floor mats. Don't think ive seen them before but look awesome. It could've been easily just the filter changed. Have you looked at the lower pulley? Everything seems to look pretty stock. A lot of people when modding don't really keep a lot of the small stock stuff. For example the little plug on the SC thread in the middle of the upper pulley. Also stock cats. does it have all 4?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yeah, i thought the mats were unique too, but i like them, the lower pulley looks like the stock pulley, all cats and present and accounted for and the stock muffler is still on the truck.

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Welcome nice Truck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2