Thread: punisher valve body question

Name: aaron

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

punisher valve body question

I just ordered the street vb from woodbine motor sports and the gentleman on the phone was telling me that the strip version is more popular in the Harley trucks because of the 2 piece drive shaft. My truck is a dd and my wife and kid ride with me a lot so I can not have the truck banging gears. I went ahead and ordered the street version. From my research on the subject though his reasoning for getting the strip version over the street didn't make a lot of sense to me. Should I have gone with the strip version?

Does the torque converter have a drain? How much fluid will I need reusing the stock pan? I just plan on adding a drain plug to the stock pan when I have it off.
    Last edited by fordman; 10-08-2015 at 08:51 AM. Reason: add question

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have the street version on my HD and its not bad. The 1st to 2nd can noticed but it's not that bad. I can't answer you on the fluid amount. I put a different trans pan on mine because I was towing with it a lot. Now the dam thing holds like 12qts. You should come to the get together next month in Darlington. Look on Lightningrodder.com in the Carolina's section.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    I did the Punisher VB street version in mine. There was a small learning curve (for me and the truck) but now that it's settled in I'm happy with my choice.
    For a DD with the wife & kids you'll be fine. When you play "Happy Foot" it'll make you smile! Here's the thread Punisher Valve Body - Street Version I did.

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    There is a drain on torque converter. 16 quarts was my final tally

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    I have a Greg Evan FTVB in my Lightning that I LOVE. When I decided to put a VB in my HD I went with the Punisher Race version under the notion that I could swap the VBs if I thought the Race version was better suited to my Lightning. I immediately hated the Race version, it was unbearably rough anywhere above 1/3 throttle. Paul (Punisher) offered to revalve it but doing so would still leave it more aggressive than the Street VB so I opted to purchased a new Punisher Street VB and sell the Race version in the classifieds. I've always wondered how the Race version would have felt with the additon of t-bars but in their absence I cannot recommend the Race version in a DD. The shift charactersitics was jarring beyond 1/3 throttle to the point I swore **** was breaking in the dash.

Name: aaron

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Hey guys thanks for all the input. It sounds like I made the right decion to go with the street version. Now I just can't wait to get it in. I've got a pile of parts to put on. Just waiting on the cai and vb and then it will be a full weekend of fun installing all the goodies.

I will definatly check out lr about the event. I would love to get together with some fellow hd and lightning guys.
    Last edited by fordman; 10-10-2015 at 09:04 AM.

7. The Following User Liked fordman For This Useful Post:

BRIANV (10-12-2015)

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHopkins View Post
    I have the street version on my HD and its not bad. The 1st to 2nd can noticed but it's not that bad. I can't answer you on the fluid amount. I put a different trans pan on mine because I was towing with it a lot. Now the dam thing holds like 12qts. You should come to the get together next month in Darlington. Look on Lightningrodder.com in the Carolina's section.
    Im going to the meet and greet sat in darlington