Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Harley Davidson is the new heart.

Name: Ted

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Harley Davidson is the new heart.

Hi my name is Ted, I am a new member here and own a 2003 NF-155. For those of you unfamiliar with the NF-155, in 2003 Ford took 200 F150's and converted them to the theme truck NF-155, (NO FEAR,) 10 of which they supercharged with a set up from Allen industries and a custom-built intake hosting the Eaton M90 supercharger. I have fought this setup since 2004 when i purchased the truck. Recently I purchased the entire setup from a wrecked 2003 Ford Harley Davidson. my truck is neither a Harley Davidson or Ford lightning, it is a 2003 Ford iNF-155, built by Allen industries in 2003. The set up was a six rib pulley set up I recently purchased an entire 2003 Ford Harley Davidson supercharger setup. I am in the process of removing the old Allen industries m 90 supercharger set up including wiring harness. I have several questions regarding pulleys, water pump swap and the two lower crankshaft pulleys. I purchased a crate engine 5.4 L lightning 50,000 miles ago, the air conditioning pump and power steering pump pulley are six rIb. all of the Harley Davidson pulleys for the supercharger are eight rib. Is it OK to leave the six rib in place since they do not run on the supercharger belt? when the guys removed the two crankshaft pulley's they damaged the adapter that held them together does anyone know where I can purchase a new one or is there a different idea for the two Crank pulleys? also can I stay with the current water pump or do I need to install the Harley Davidson water pump it appears as though the Harley Davidson water pump is different but I'm not sure how ? Thank you in advance for your help

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Welcome to NHTOC!

Congrats on your nice find. I have never heard of the NF-155.

I had to look it up on Google. http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/aut...rd/nofear.html

As far as the supercharger swap, PM Harley356 as he has done this a couple of times and is very knowledgable on the correct parts to use.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Thank you very much for the connection. I am taking pics as I go to later put together a thread, hopefully the topic is not "what not to do," Thanks again. New territory for me.

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    I looked up Harley356 to pm him and it states not a user, any other ideas?

Thanks

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    Josh (Harley #356) is also a member on Lightning Rodder, you can contact him there.

Did you buy a factory Lightning/HD crate motor or not? If you purchased a factory crate L/HD motor then I would hope it came with the correct water pump, power steering pump, AC compressor, etc. Your post is confusing and hard to follow since there is no breaks but I'll try my best to clarify your questions, see my responses in red.

Quote Originally Posted by NF-155 View Post
    I have several questions regarding pulleys, water pump swap and the two lower crankshaft pulleys. I purchased a crate engine 5.4 L lightning 50,000 miles ago, the air conditioning pump and power steering pump pulley are six rIb. all of the Harley Davidson pulleys for the supercharger are eight rib. Is it OK to leave the six rib in place since they do not run on the supercharger belt? - Just to clarify... the Lightning and HD both have two belts, one is an accessory belt and the other is the SC belt. The SC belt is 8 rib and consist of the lower crank pulley, the SC pulley, a tensioner pulley, and two idler pulleys. Off hand I don't know how many ribs are used for the the L/HD accessories (AC compressor, power steering pump) but if you purchased a crate motor then I'm guessing they are 6-ribbed since that's what came on the motor you purchased. As long as you have the proper ribbed belts properly installed on both belt drives you should have no issues.

when the guys removed the two crankshaft pulley's they damaged the adapter that held them together does anyone know where I can purchase a new one or is there a different idea for the two Crank pulleys? - Can you post pics of what you are referring to?

The L/HD has the crank pulley for the SC and a balancer/pulley for the accessories affixed to the front of the crank. The factory crank pulley is "caged" it has three arms that bolt to the block for added support and reverse-threads into the crank (see pic below). Factory crank pulleys can be found quite readily in the classifieds of Lightning/HD forums. You can start a Want To Buy (WTB) thread if worst comes to worst. You also have the option to buy a larger aftermarket crank pulley but doing this changes the pulley ratio driving the SC. Generically its called "upping the boost" and is done for performance.

also can I stay with the current water pump or do I need to install the Harley Davidson water pump it appears as though the Harley Davidson water pump is different but I'm not sure how? - Again, you say you purchased a crate L/HD motor so I fail to see why you're concerned that it doesn't have the proper water pump.

The water pumps used on Ls/HDs were interchangeable with certain Mustang and Navigator water pumps. The differences between the pumps are impeller designs and the presence/absence of a threaded shaft for mechanical fans. To give you an idea of what the water pumps looks like I've attached a link for you to reference that has pictures of the factory L/HD water pump and the Mustang and Navigator pumps. The link will also give you an idea of why the Mustang and Navigator pumps were used by some guys.

Tim Skelton Navigator water pump link

Factory Lower Pulley - Front.JPG

Factory Lower Pulley - Rear B.JPG

Here you can see the threaded end of the balancer that the factory crank pulley mates to:

Threaded Balancer.JPG

Factory Lower Pulley.jpg

6. The Following 2 Users LIked throttle jockey For This Useful Post:

SoCal Waite (10-14-2015), SonicHD (10-14-2015)

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Throttle Jockey, thankyou for your help! Even though it was difficult reading you addresed every issue that I had, and the information you provided was very useful. I will try and post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that. The engine that I actually purchased was a Ford lightning 5.4 L. The difference I think is that the original supercharger set up put on by Alan industries was all one serpentine belt six rib. I don't know if you're familer with that set up but it was a real nightmare. I put on the new computer wiring harness today and ordered the adapter that connects the accessory Pulleyto the supercharger pulley from Ford it was $101. Everything else seems to be matching up pretty well so far, once again thanks for your help I really appreciate it
    Last edited by NF-155; 10-14-2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Siri

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    I will try and post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that.
    Welcome to the NHTOC Ted! Think you just joined Lightning Rodder too, correct? See link below for posting pics.

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...=post+pictures
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    Welcome! You said you purchased the motor from a 2003 HD . Do you still have the ability to get parts from that truck? I'm sure some guys on here could use some of those parts.

#8022 L&S oil separator, color matched tailgate handle and license plate bulb covers . Fog light mod ,Venom mod , JLP CAI and JLP rear shackles for a 3" drop out back. More to come.......SOLD ...........no more to come.

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Yes I think there are parts available from that motor and also I know the guy Garrett last week just got in an entire 2003 Ford Harley Davidson as well. The company is called reliable auto in Yuma Arizona, Garrett is the guys name I dealt with, his phone number is 928-783-7803. He was awesome to deal with very helpful I would recommend them. Still working on getting some pictures on here. And yes I did join lightning rodder as well. Not much help there, That's why I joined national Harley truck owners, you guys were awesome with the help that you've given and it's very much appreciated!
    Last edited by NF-155; 10-15-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Siri

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    I looked up Harley356 to pm him and it states not a user, any other ideas?

Thanks
    Sorry his user name is Harley#356.

Here's a link below about adding a SC to a NA engine truck you might like found in the Complete How-To Lists. http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...l-find-it-here!)

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...5-4-N-A-Engine

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    There is a lot of knowledge here these guys have help me time & time again good luck with your swap

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Thank you, got the Harley Davidson wiring harness installed today, the only thing I found so far is the drivers side front headlight and turn signal connections are two wire and my old lights are three wire. The right side of the truck and the wiring harness are three wire and that's the same wiring harness from the Harley Davidson. what I am really needing now is a wine harness diagram and a vacuum line diagram. Can anybody help?

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Pictures, finally figured out how to do this. Here are some pics, not neccesarily in order but none the less pics. I do need a wiring harness schematic and a vacum diagram for a 2003 H/D. Cureent status of swap is stuck on the drivers side turn signal and headlight. The pax side wiring is correct with three wires for headlight and turn signal. However, the drivers side is only two wire plugs and not the right connectors. Still dealing with the wiring harness issues.Wierd huh. Any way any pics or info you guys have would be appreciated.
    Last edited by NF-155; 10-17-2015 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Pics

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    By the pics it looks as though you removed the shaft threaded into the balancer so you will be able to install a factory lower pulley. Here's a vacuum line diagram.

The fuel pressure regulator (FPR) and vacuum/boost gauge are the only items that must have both vacuum and boost references. The best source for these is the port on the driver side of the lower intake.

There are two ports on the boost actuator. The top port of the actuator must have a vacuum source to open the bypass butterfly during normal driving. The actuator has an internal spring that closes the butterfly in the absence of vaccum. However, you can plumb the top port with a vacuum/boost source if you prefer. I prefer to plumb the actuator this way so the butterfly opens with vacuum and closes with both spring and boost pressure. If you go this route simply use the same source off the midplate used for the FPR and vacuum/boost gauge. The bottom port for the actuator can vent to atmosphere.

Everything else is vaccum only.

If you're deleting the EGR or other components this diagram will have some unecessary lines.

Eaton-MP Vacuum Line Diagram.jpg
    Last edited by throttle jockey; 10-18-2015 at 03:12 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users LIked throttle jockey For This Useful Post:

harleyhank (10-18-2015), NF-155 (10-26-2015)

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Clarification to Throttle Jockey

Throttle Jockey, thankyou for your help! Even though it was difficult reading you addresed every issue that I had, and the information you provided was very useful. I will try and post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that. The engine that I actually purchased was a Ford lightning 5.4 L. The difference I think is that the original supercharger set up put on by Alan industries was all one serpentine belt six rib. I don't know if you're familer with that set up but it was a real nightmare. I put on the new computer wiring harness today and ordered the adapter that connects the accessory Pulleyto the supercharger pulley from Ford it was $101. Everything else seems to be matching up pretty well so far, once again thanks for your help I really appreciate it
    Throttle Jockey, as i read through the post above I noticed misplaced words. In the first sentence of my post I think you for your help, and then stated even though it was difficult reading. That statement pertains to my post not your response. Your response was awesome and clear thanks again just wanted to clear that up .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast