Thread: Jlp forced air intake install question

Name: aaron

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Jlp forced air intake install question

I searched all over and it looks like there was a good how to on installing this kit but when I try to link to it it sayes it is no longer there. Does any body have a good how to on installing the new style jlp cai kit?

The instructions that came in the kit show the scoop attaching to a metal pipe and hanging down below the front bumper. Everything I've read sayes the new kit mounts the scoop in the grill. I ordered the kit 2 weeks ago and they sayed it was on back order. That's why it took 2 weeks to get. Do you guys think I got an old kit or a mix of old and new parts?image.jpg

Vader's Chauffer
    Name: Ryan

Liked 69 Times in 49 Posts
    I think you got the old scoop, as it looks just like the one that was on my truck that was installed when the kits first came out.

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    My scoop is mounted below the bumper- zip tied

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Well I went ahead and installed the air box last night with out the hose yet. I was really torn because I read a lot of posts about how good the stock air box is and that aftermarket cai don't get you much gain unless you have a 500hp truck. Well I can say that there is a very noticeable difference. I picked up at least 1 more psi of boost and the blower sounds so much better. Well worth the $300 in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies fellas. If any body has pics of the old and or new style hose roughting that would really help me out. I'm pretty handy and sure I could make it work but I would like to get it right on the first try instead of trial and ERROR. I really do not want the scoop hanging below the bumper. I think having it behind the grill is a much better place as there is less road debris and cooler air.I got a call and an email in to jlp so we will see what they say.

Thanks for any and all help guys.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Ok I got it installed. Here is a few pics of how I did it. Should work pretty good I think.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    I zip tied the scoop in place instead of bolting because there was just no good way to drill a hole for the bolt without taking the grill and stuff out.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Well that's not gunna work Tire rubbed the tube. Will keep trying.

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    You should be able to snake it through the fender.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    At least you got yours in. I have one and tried to put it in and the box doesn't fit. It hits on the side. Ran out of time and put it back in the box. Now it sits on the shelf with the long bars I have yet to install.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    That's no good. My box fit in pretty good. Still haven't got around to rerouting the hose yet. Started cleaning the ic and found my rotors are in rough shape. I guess I'm gunna strip them. Glad I like working on my truck. Can't wait to get her back together.