Thread: Trans filter and fluid brand recommendations

Name: aaron

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Trans filter and fluid brand recommendations

Getting ready to do my valve body and was wondering what brand of fluid and filter do you guys use or prefer. Ill probly just use the fluid that we have at work to save money. It is a full synthetic that is sopose to be compatible with everything. So what's the best trans filter?
    ]SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Black 2003 6# lower pulley, ngk-tr6 plugs, jlp forced induction cai, metco idler pulleys, turkey pan delete, l&s oil separator, punisher valve body, boost gauge, sct livewire ts +, back up camera, led lights and sct 2600 mass air.

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Any filter will do, there isn't a specific brand that seems to be better than another.

Same thing for the trans fluid. Any cheap ol Mercon will do. I wouldn't mix synthetic in unless you change all the fluid to synthetic. You can only do this by doing a flush. Draining the pan and converter will not be enough.

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    I went with a ford filter and Ford mercon fluid almost $100 in fluid. After it was said and done my ford buddy said hey did you drain the converter lol. its was amazing to me holds almost 11 quarts !!!

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    All total from empty its more like 17. Transmissions hold a lot of fluid.

Name: aaron

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I went with a napa filter. I don't how how good it is but its made in the usa. I think even the motorcraft filters are made in china these days and for $18 I couldn't pass it up. I talked with the parts guy at work and he sayed the fluid we use is compatible with all mercon and dextron fluids plus a few other types. I get the fluid for free so im just gunna go with it and save my self some money. The wife has been giving me the look lately so I gotta slow down on spending money on the truck for a little bit.

Thanks for the info and suggestions.