Thread: Changing of the guard

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Unhappy Changing of the guard

I like many before, thought I'd never do it, but my OCD and senility got the better of me.

I can't stand to see anything go wrong with these amazing trucks much less if dirt gets on it.
    Worrying about the next ding or scratch or what the next little issue will be and what it will cost to try and keep it perfect has taken it's toll.

I had to plan outings a day in advance as they were no longer just a 15 minute quick trip to the store. Get up early in the morning when there is not a lot of traffic and so many shoppers, park way the hell out at the last parking spot so I can take up two spots and avoid door dings. Hike back in to the store to find what I need and then hike back out to where ever I parked the truck. Quickly hurry home before some a-hole runs a stop sign and then just says "sorry, it was an accident".

Well....it was really not all that bad but trying to keep these great trucks as pristine as possible does have some of the above trials. It's no use keeping it hidden away in a garage any longer and time to let someone else enjoy it just as much as I did over the years as it was a truly memorable and coolest vehicle I've ever owned. No matter where you pull up people always flock around these trucks and ask about them which is another great thing about owning them. I'm sure all of you can relate!

Thanks to all my forum buddies for their advice and help in spending the right money to get the truck where it's at.

I'm sad to see it go but I know the new owner SLOWBRA - "Shawn" will take just as good of care of it. I wish you the best of luck buddy and enjoy it to the max! Cya.

A few memories below.

Engine compartment.

Driver side interior.

Passenger side interior.

Cayman Islands shipping port.

Yeah, he got the OEM take-offs and spare mods too!

The bed is packed up.

The rear cabin is packed up.

Strapped down inside the shipping container.

At the Port of Palm Beach, FLA.

New owner in NC.
    Last edited by cayman150; 11-03-2015 at 09:42 AM. Reason: pics move

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    We all have our reasons and I know first hand the emotions that come with the unexpected realization that its time to turn your attention and focus elsewhere. In 2009 I sold Belle for personal reasons, fortunately the buyer stuck to our agreement and offered me dibs on buying her back if/when he sold her. In 2011 I bought her back with only 1,800 addional miles on the odometer. If you're anything like me I know that you vetted SLOWBRA to ensure your truck is going to great home that will give it every bit of the TLC you have given it over the years.

I <3 Mini trucks
    Name:

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
    I know it's tough.

Hopefully the first thing the new owner does is address that fuel door.

4. The Following User Liked kaoss For This Useful Post:

Triton (11-04-2015)

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Chuck,

Thanks for reaching out to me to let me know what you were considering. I know it wasn't easy to part with it, but I can assure you it is in good hands. It's taken many years to get to this point and I'm happy there is one sitting in my garage.

Over the next few weeks I will be making changes to make this my own. I know I will have lots of questions and parts for sale soon.

First step is to give her a bath and detail it.

Next up is to get a new radio, another set of chrome side bars, rear bumper and look at new wheels/tires for it. The 20's on it now are in great shape and the rear tires are brand new. My dilemma is that I really want the 22 replicas. However, for the $2300 cost I may be better looking aftermarket (like Foose) or staying with the 20s. My search has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by kaoss View Post
    I know it's tough.

Hopefully the first thing the new owner does is address that fuel door.
    What's wrong with the door? I did notice it may be slightly off center, but I don't mind the chrome look. I'll have to as if it can be adjusted.

I <3 Mini trucks
    Name:

Liked 27 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    What's wrong with the door? I did notice it may be slightly off center, but I don't mind the chrome look. I'll have to as if it can be adjusted.
    It's tacky. Makes no sense have a chrome circle in a sea of beautiful silver.

Quote Originally Posted by kaoss View Post
    It's tacky. Makes no sense have a chrome circle in a sea of beautiful silver.
    I wouldn't say it's tacky, but agree that I would like the factory one better. Not sure if the chrome comes off or if I have to get a replacement painted in silver.

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Chuck – cayman150

You have been a long standing contributing member of this forum. Your knowledge of these trucks and helpful assistance to the many folks in the NHTOC community is truly immeasurable.

I know you felt it was time to sell your “Pride and Joy” because you just didn’t drive your garage queen much anymore and it was time for someone else to enjoy it.

You have had the H-D 100th truck for quite a while and have done many mods to make it your own. Hopefully, the new owner SLOWBRA - "Shawn" will pick up where you left off and keep it a beautiful vehicle.

I promise you, you WILL miss your truck. As many have said before, the H-D 100th anniversary performance truck is a very special one of a kind vehicle.

Your thoughts and suggestions have (cost me) saved me lots of money doing mods (and still continuing) to my truck. If I’ve learned anything it is do it once and do it right.

I’m sure everyone here hopes (as I do) that you will continue to stay active and continue contributing your in-depth knowledge of this wonderful vehicle on the NHTOC forum. It is a pleasure to have met you and made a friend.

Wishing you and Donna the very best,

Mike

AKA - ]\/[erlin

OK Shawn the torch has been passed.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Was away on a trip and getting caught up. Sorry to see you let her go Chuck but don't think you could've passed her onto to someone more passionate than Shawn. He's really wanted this truck for quite some time and his patience has paid off! Congrats Shawn.