Thread: Did the silver paint on the Shamu's come on any other F150s?

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts

Did the silver paint on the Shamu's come on any other F150s?

I was curious to know if the silver color that is on the black/silver 2003 Harley F150s came on any other F150s?

Mobbin around the NW
    Name: Derek

Liked 114 Times in 84 Posts
    Sure they did. One of my buddies had a '04 Heritage ext cab 4x4 F150. Problem is though, they came with chrome bumpers if that's why you're wondering.

ricks.jpg

Thanks for the info. I was thinking I would have a better chance at locating a fuel door off of it.

I will also add that being new to the F1 50 community has its challenges. There are many different models with various parts that are not all interchangeable. I may have located silver fuel doors off an XLT, but I understand that not all beds have the same interchangeable parts!

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    My uncle retired from H-D after 30+ years. Yes, he's quite a bit older than me...and has ridden Harley's since he was a kid. The H-D truck (4 wheels) is now his "last" Harley.
    What I know is that when creating the 100th H-D truck with Ford Alliance, Ford had to sign a contract with H-D that they would never use the silver/black color combination again.

Here's the two trucks (his and mine)

Here's a pic I took of his tag a few years back.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking I would have a better chance at locating a fuel door off of it.
    My buddy has an 04 L which I think is the same color silver too. Not sure if those fuel doors are the same or not.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    I'd be willing to bet that the color code for the silver used on the Shamu HDs is the same as the one used on the many other Ford models of the same time period. FWIW, any given color code has slight color variation. For example, color code CX which is DSG had several color variations, even my two girls seem to have been painted with different variations of DSG.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...code-help.html

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    I will also add that being new to the F1 50 community has its challenges. There are many different models with various parts that are not all interchangeable. I may have located silver fuel doors off an XLT, but I understand that not all beds have the same interchangeable parts!
    This fuel door will be the death of you !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRIANV View Post
    This fuel door will be the death of you !!!!!
    I am a complete newb on these trucks. For example, the folks at the GTG this weekend knew more about my truck than I did. I'm one of "those newbies" now. I am just taking it all in for the time being. Now off to find a fuel door!