Thread: Rear view camera

Name: Patrick

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Rear view camera

For those of you that have installed a rear view camer, where did you tap into to get the power and ground.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Reverse light for the trigger and the power is run all the way from the head deck. IIRC the ground may be part of the RCA cable from the head deck or you can ground it to the rear bumper or under the chassis close by.

Maybe someone that did this more recently can chime in and make any corrections.

Name: BRIAN

Liked 26 Times in 21 Posts
    If you go wireless ground off chassis to the reciever and reverse light for trigger. I wasnt fond of running two wires all the way from the radio to the rear bumper

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIANV View Post
    If you go wireless ground off chassis to the reciever and reverse light for trigger. I wasnt fond of running two wires all the way from the radio to the rear bumper
    You have to run at least run one RCA wire back to the head deck for the camera input otherwise it won't display any picture.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name: aaron

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    I just put one on my truck and I tapped into power at the reverse light. Well maybe a foot down the harness from the light. I ran the ground to a chassis ground that was already there. I then ran the rca up to my screen. My camera only needs power when you are in reverse unless you want to add a switched power so you can have it on while driving. Seen some do it that way for pulling trailers so they can see the trailer going down the road. Pretty simple install. The hardest part is running the rca cable to your screen. I just zip tied mine every foot or so to the main harness that runs down the drivers side frame rail.