Thread: Water intrusion on passenger floorboard

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts

Water intrusion on passenger floorboard

Over the past few weeks of owning my truck I have noticed water intruding on the passenger floorboard. At first I thought it was the sunroof since I first noticed it shortly after washing the car. I tested the sunroof drain and it is working flawlessly so that's not it.

This left me thinking it may be the AC drain. The weather has been rainy and I have used the defrost/heat the past few days so I haven't been able to determine if it's the AC drain hose or a leak near the windshield causing this.

What I have determined is the location the water is intruding into the cabin from. The pictures are taken from the passenger side of the cabin looking at the firewall towards the center of the truck. The first two pictures are what I saw when I lifted the carpet up. The last two are after I removed a rubber shield (that has insulation attached) from the firewall.

The area circled in red is where the water appears to be intruding from. It's close to the center of the truck at the firewall. If I stick my hand back behind the large rubber flap (closest to the top left of the red circle at the 11 o'clock position of the last two pictures) I can feel and see water. It's definitely water and not coolant. It's hard to get a better look from inside the cabin.

Any of you guys have experience with this? If so, is this the tell tale sign of an AC drain, windshield leak or something else?
    Attached Images Attached Images