Thread: Simoniz Professional Detailing Training Videos

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Simoniz Professional Detailing Training Videos

I stumbled across this set of training videos produced by Simoniz.
    These are the basic product & processes for most detailing tasks.

It's great info, and yes, they do promote using Simoniz products.

The reason I'm posting this is: These are ten very informative training videos.
    Click Here --> Simoniz Detail Training Product Videos They are very good videos.
    For those of you that take the time to watch all 10 videos...please give me your feedback.

This video (below) is just for fun and get your attention!

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Thanks for posting this. I saved the link to my favourites and will give you my feedback when I get through them all.

No detailing going on for me right now up here in Canada. Our summer cars are in storage taking up all the space in the garage and all my product is stored in the basement to keep it from freezing. It's a good time to brush up on tips and tricks and get new product on order for the upcoming good weather.

(p.s.: I sold my HD but I still check here from time to time to see what you are posting.)

Thanks...I found this very informative - Steps in order, process etc.
    The one I liked was the Prep-Wash. (before a full detail)
    ...Much more in depth than the Two Bucket Wash Method.
    The interior methods are good. Clean from top down etc.
    The paint correction/polish video is a bit weak IMHO.

Just a side note...

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Tom Palancia (GREAT GUY) this past weekend in Orlando.
    I attended Mobile Tech with the International Detailing Association and took the IDA Skills Validation test.

I got to meet folks I've known and talked to for years (good friends I've never met) via the internet.
    I got to see folks again I've known, (Renny Doyle, Jason Rose etc.) and I met new folks from the IDA.

Lots of detailing folks. Michael Stoops and Todd Helme were there representing Meguiars and Rupes

And maybe...just maybe I finally learned to pronounce Rupes correctly.

Here's what I did in my mind to try to get it right...
    It's not Ru-pees (like green pees or Herpes)

Remember the PEZ candy dispensers of old?
    Think of PEZ except with S.
    It's italian = Ru-PE"S"

Name:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Just finished sitting through the videos. Pretty good introductory information. I agree that the polishing/paint correction segment was brief and lacking in specifics.

A few comments:
    1. The waxing segment would have been better illustrated on a car with darker paint.
    2. I found the two-handed toweling methods interesting (2 buffing towels or 2 drying towels at the same time). Going to try it.
    3. He didn't discuss masking plastic trim when polishing or waxing. Do you mask extensively?
    4. Looks like he used a painter's pad on the tires. Not a bad idea.
    5. I am going to add an upholstery head for my DA on my next order.
    6. The last video on gloss application was pretty good. I use ONR mixed 6:1 for this and it works great.

I have a Rupes (I always thought it was "Roops") and a P-C. I find the Rupes is okay for the hood and roof of my Mustang or my Mazda 3, however with all the curves and ridges, the P-C with a 4" or smaller pad does a better job on the side panels.

Quote Originally Posted by 02HD9294 View Post
    A few comments:
    1. The waxing segment would have been better illustrated on a car with darker paint.
    2. I found the two-handed toweling methods interesting (2 buffing towels or 2 drying towels at the same time). Going to try it.
    3. He didn't discuss masking plastic trim when polishing or waxing. Do you mask extensively?
    4. Looks like he used a painter's pad on the tires. Not a bad idea.
    5. I am going to add an upholstery head for my DA on my next order.
    6. The last video on gloss application was pretty good. I use ONR mixed 6:1 for this and it works great.
    1. Agreed
    2. I blow dry before I use towels. This helps get water out of the crevices and rear view mirrors.
    3. I mask emblems and trim. Wax can turn trim white. I don't wax trim. (grin)
    4. Yes, I too learned many new things. Lots of knowledgable folks and many new ideas at the MTE.
    5. I put a link for you to the Upholstery brush and carpet brush at the bottom of this post.
    6. There are many final detail sprays. I prefer using something with a bit more protection Reload etc.

Here's a little video on cleaning leather. The PC upholstery brush starts at 6:00 min.

Carpet brush and Upholstery brush ultra-carpet-brush / ultra-interior-brush-for-orbital-polisher

Caution: Do not put any pressure on the machine while working on leather upholstery, this can remove the protective coating.