Thread: Fuel Injectors

Name: Robert

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Fuel Injectors

I just received my new 60# injectors. I've searched the how-to section and couldn't find anything on the install. I was just looking for any helpful hints or ticks or how much of a PITA these are going to be to get installed? Once done I can finally get the truck back on the dyno and tuned right.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Do you plan to retune once you swap them out?

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    Not hard at all. Just a pain in the *** to remove cause of of space.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Yes I'll have to re-tune. With current injectors (stock) it leans out too much at the top end. We could only make it about 2/3 to 3/4 the way through a pull before it leaned out so much we had to stop the pull. He has the injectors all of way open. If I remember right, it was making around 500hp/570tq when we had to stop. The altitude here kills power. Here in Albuquerque, NM we're right at a mile high. During the summer months the DA is usually in the 6000+ foot range. I just checked it now and the DA is 6600ft.

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I've started taking stuff apart to install the new 60# injectors. The injectors currently in the truck (that are coming out) have green tops. What are they rated at? I assume these are stock injectors. I bought the truck in 03 with 5k miles on it. Hopefully someone will chime in before I get too far into it and find out that's not true...
    I bought the truck on Sept. 2003 with 4957 miles. Supposedly the owner or manager of the dealership drove it as his "take home" vehicle so the truck was never registered. According to the salesman and one of my buddies that just happened to work there a few years before said that Ford or the dealership let's them have "take home" vehicles but they can't put more than 5k on the clock of new cars. I was the first registered owner. That was kind of a long "side note"

Name: Allen

Liked 92 Times in 56 Posts
    The factory green top injectors are 42#.