Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: buying a 2003 HD

Name: Marcelo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

buying a 2003 HD

hello. im on the market for a 2002-03 HD f150. what should i look for? what is the common issue with this trucks?...i have 2 potential trucks, one is a 2003 with 40k miles, and the other one is a 2002 with 109k..both black ...im leaning towards the 03, obviously because the mileage, but the 02 is in mint condition....both have clean carfax's... any input will be great. thanks in advance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropgates63 View Post
    hello. im on the market for a 2002-03 HD f150. what should i look for? what is the common issue with this trucks?...i have 2 potential trucks, one is a 2003 with 40k miles, and the other one is a 2002 with 109k..both black ...im leaning towards the 03, obviously because the mileage, but the 02 is in mint condition....both have clean carfax's... any input will be great. thanks in advance.

******update, truck with 40k is trashed. brake pedal worn, meaning mileage cant be 40k... it says garage kept in Fl, but pretty rusty under...seats and door panels worn..arm rest (center console) broken and worn..and worst part, cant start it, owner states key lost programing, bla-bla-bla.

Name: Rob

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That blows. But good thing you picked up on that. Theres alot of trash and fake hd trucks out there. Stick with lookong for 03 its the anniversary so for collecting purpose and i dont believe the 02 is supercharged.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rig1222 View Post
    That blows. But good thing you picked up on that. Theres alot of trash and fake hd trucks out there. Stick with lookong for 03 its the anniversary so for collecting purpose and i dont believe the 02 is supercharged.
    went back to look at it..guy was able to start, starter solenoid was bad, runs great, only cosmetic stuff to be done...i asked about the pedal, he said the guy who owns the truck is a heavy set guy, not sure how far is bullcrap..not sure...undecided..

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rig1222 View Post
    Both 2002 and 2003 HD's are supercharged....but I'm with you, I'd go with the 100th anniversary edition 2003!

aka not rite
    Name: Bob

Liked 55 Times in 44 Posts
    OK so a lot of people will hopefully chime in here. First of all good eye on the 03 stay away from that one. But let's start with this.. the 02's are supercharged. As far as what year ... both 02 and 03 have same motor and transmission 02 has a different front valance ,different interior, those are a matter of preference .02 colors are black or dsg (GRAY). 03 black or two-tone black on top silver on bottom. Guys with 02's say they are faster but they really know that 03's are lol. Still more differences but those are the biggest. That will get you started.

#8022 L&S oil separator, color matched tailgate handle and license plate bulb covers . Fog light mod ,Venom mod , JLP CAI and JLP rear shackles for a 3" drop out back. More to come.......SOLD ...........no more to come.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B.O.B. View Post
    OK so a lot of people will hopefully chime in here. First of all good eye on the 03 stay away from that one. But let's start with this.. the 02's are supercharged. As far as what year ... both 02 and 03 have same motor and transmission 02 has a different front valance ,different interior, those are a matter of preference .02 colors are black or dsg (GRAY). 03 black or two-tone black on top silver on bottom. Guys with 02's say they are faster but they really know that 03's are lol. Still more differences but those are the biggest. That will get you started.
    the 02 is in really good shape, i know the owner and he is a car a$$hole, truck is very nice and im pretty sure he never abused it..mileage is 109.000..price is 11500...any thoughts?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the 03 has 40k miles, price is 12.000 . windshield is original, but has a "glaze" to it... kind turn me down a little, cause i dont have the best eyes in the world.

aka not rite

Get the best truck you can afford. Mileage is important ,but condition is very Important. It's hard to find some of the stuff for these trucks. Especially things like emblems, grills, new seat leather etc..... so the better you start with the happier you will be in the end.

aka not rite

I will also say that $12,000 for a 03 with 40,xxx miles seems like a very low price. Look on auto trader and compare prices.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B.O.B. View Post
    I will also say that $12,000 for a 03 with 40,xxx miles seems like a very low price. Look on auto trader and compare prices.
    Thanks for the info. I did a list of pros and cons. 02 is the winner. Picking it up tomorrow. I will post some pics

aka not rite

Can't wait to see it. Congrats on your decision.

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts

buying a 2003 HD

Congrats on your purchase. Where is the 03 with 40K miles for $12K? I'm not in the market, but at that price I may have to seriously think about it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOWBRA View Post
    Congrats on your purchase. Where is the 03 with 40K miles for $12K? I'm not in the market, but at that price I may have to seriously think about it.
    trust me..that truck is far from 40k...they definitely rolled back miles on it...i will get his number and pm you

Name: Shawn

Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropgates63 View Post
    trust me..that truck is far from 40k...they definitely rolled back miles on it...i will get his number and pm you
    If you know for certain the mileage is not correct then I am not interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast