Thread: A/C issues

Name: David

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A/C issues

Hope this is the right spot. I am having the dreaded issue of the A/C automatically defaulting to the defrost. I have read on here on how to find the fix, but the issue is I am mechanically not inclined! It works the way it is supposed to sometimes but other times it doesn't and I have no idea what hoses to check by the battery. I say that to say this, is there anyone in the Jacksonville, NC area that could assist me in identifying the problem? Not asking for a free helping hand but would rather hopefully pay someone on here a little less than taking it to a dealer. Thanks in advance, David.

Name: Robert

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I believe the system works on vacuum lines to switch between the different modes, defrost, floor and panel. If one of the vacuum lines has a leak the system will default to defrost. I’m guessing you have a vacuum leak somewhere in the system.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 07r6sc View Post
    Hope this is the right spot. I am having the dreaded issue of the A/C automatically defaulting to the defrost. I have read on here on how to find the fix, but the issue is I am mechanically not inclined! It works the way it is supposed to sometimes but other times it doesn't and I have no idea what hoses to check by the battery. I say that to say this, is there anyone in the Jacksonville, NC area that could assist me in identifying the problem? Not asking for a free helping hand but would rather hopefully pay someone on here a little less than taking it to a dealer. Thanks in advance, David.

You are headed in the right direction. Besides those vacuum hoses behind the battery sometimes the o-rings behind the EATC control unit in the dash start leaking too.

The o-rings and hoses are a cheap fix just a lot of time to investigate and and find out which ones are bad.

If you have to get a new EATC module it could be expensive if you absolutely have to have a brand new one from the dealer otherwise some have been lucky enough to find good used ones at the junkyard.

When you find someone to help you, point them to this info as a guide:

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...hlight=o-rings

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...hlight=o-rings

Good luck.

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

4. The Following User Liked cayman150 For This Useful Post:

BRIANV (05-01-2016)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for help everyone and dang I wish I was mechanically inclined!!

Huh?
    Name: Philip

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 07r6sc View Post
    Thanks for help everyone and dang I wish I was mechanically inclined!!
    Never to late to start. I don't know nearly as much as I would like but when something breaks I tell myself, I got this. May take a long time but it gets done. Took me 5 hours to change wife's struts. Damn bolts. And 3 weeks for the oil pan gasket. Effin Chevy.

Name: Brian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's the O-rings on the solenoids inside the EATC unit. They can be replaced. Just did mine 2 weeks ago. Most places will tell you that the units can't be fixed. Being a Ford tech pays off sometimes. If you need more info just let me know.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks everyone for your help with the aid of a good friend and yalls advice on this forum we replaced the O'ringd and so far so good. It really wasn't that bad at all, but glad I had "adult" supervision while replacing them.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well that was short lived. After a couple of days with the A/C working properly I am back to square one. Should I replace the O-rings again or can someone guide me in a different direction. I really don't want to take it to a Ford Dealership.

Name: Ted

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Have you checked thenvacum lines from the engine area to pax side engine compartment? On the fire wall pax side towards the battery but on the firewall there sgould be a single black vacum line running into the fire wall. Check to if is connected, cracked and or that where it connects you have no cracks. Been a common problem.

Name: Byron

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    O rings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Can the problem also just be the blend door?

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BENNY832 View Post
    Can the problem also just be the blend door?
    Anyone? lol