Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shine Supply Trim Coat (Black)

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Hopefully the before after pics were good enough. It's much different in person.
    It's literally night and day difference and highly recommended for faded trim.

Thanks again Merlin!
    Thank you. I'm glad you're happy with the results.

Like I have said many times...Unlike most of the folks on here, "I couldn't turn a wrench to save my life."
    What I do bring to the table is my "detailing" knowledge to help keep our awesome trucks looking new.

One thing that I like about the NHTOC is my love/hate relationship with "The high cost of saving money."
    What does that mean? If there is anything I've learned on here, the folks give you the right answers.
    This is true about all the topics. Many times I've tried to "cheap out" and wound up doing it over.
    By the time I've done it over a few times I have usually spent more than "Do it once. Do it right."
    The right answer is not always the least expensive answer. So I save my nickels and do it right.

Ok back on topic...
    DLux and my tire coating application process. Here is a trick-of-the-trade/detailer's secret.

Fun w/air brushing (I use a cheap Harbor Freight "kit", it's a compressor get the warranty)
    Put a little DLux in the airbrush and spray the tires. Wait overnight (so DLux dries) to drive.
    * Quick, easy, no dressing sling, Dlux gets in the little grooves & lasts up-to/over 6 months.

NOTE: Clean your tires good before applying DLux.

The results will make you very pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilthyPhil View Post
    What is the difference between the trim coat and the trim shine.
    The main difference I can see is the added BLACK dye.

TRIM COAT BLACK
    Trim Paint Black is a water-based paint for your exterior black trim. This product is not a “quick fix” trim gel or dressing, it is an actual paint designed to work automotive trim. When applied, Trim Paint Black soaks into the top layer of dead trim and restores its rich color. You will be left with a strong healthy layer of plastic and paint which guarantees you fresh-looking durable results.
    Trim Coat BLACK definitely puts the black back.

I keep a wet mf cloth handy and excess wipes off paint (while still wet) easily.

Trim Shine appears to be a "finishing" topper product. Like a long lasting dressing.
    Although I have not tried it, Trim Shine may be similar to Black WOW or Solution Finish.

TRIM SHINE
    Unlike cheap and tacky dressings that only mask the neglected surface, Trim Shine actually addresses the issue and properly rejuvenates the dry plastic surface. You are actually bringing back the health of the plastic by conditioning it instead of just adding a shiny layer of goop on top of it.

Trim Shine’s water-based formula is extremely safe and very easy to work with. Any level car enthusiast can appreciate it. The product is so simple yet so complex with its abilities and results. Whether your trim is black, gray, or tan, you can restore its natural rich color in the matter of minutes.

In my case I top Trim Coat BLACK with DLux for an even longer lasting sealed finish.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Now that I have my bumper looking good, need to treat the HD emblems too. What do you use Merlin? Mine are faded and need to be rejuvenated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    The main difference I can see is the added BLACK dye.

In my case I top Trim Coat BLACK with DLux for an even longer lasting sealed finish.
    JBA Coffee & Cars 06/12/2016

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Now that I have my bumper looking good, need to treat the HD emblems too. What do you use Merlin? Mine are faded and need to be rejuvenated.
    Luckily, mine are not faded so I really do not have any first hand advice.
    I might suggest trying some DLux on the light blue foam applicator sticks (that were included).
    These will allow you to get in the tiny areas. Do a small test area and check the results first.

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Luckily, mine are not faded so I really do not have any first hand advice.
    I might suggest trying some DLux on the light blue foam applicator sticks (that were included).
    These will allow you to get in the tiny areas. Do a small test area and check the results first.
    Thanks. Was thinking that or both with a q-tip or the applicator sticks you mention above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2