Thread: Off Topic - Black Beauty Rides Again! - 2016 Chevy Camaro SS - CQuartz FINEST

Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
    Name: ]\/[ike

Liked 165 Times in 135 Posts

Off Topic - Black Beauty Rides Again! - 2016 Chevy Camaro SS - CQuartz FINEST

This was a brand new vehicle that was "detailed" by the dealership.
    Every inch of this vehicle was covered in DISO & tons of holograms.
    The iPhone pictures don't do the before & after results true justice.

Wash: Carpro Foam Cannon, Iron X Snow soap, & Merino Wool Wash Mitt.
    Decon: Nanoskin towel (Fine) followed with Zaino Z-18 ultra fine clay bar.
    Compound: Rupes 21 MKI w/5" BP, 5" Megs mf discs, Megs M101 & D300.
    Polish: Rupes15 MKII, Megs microfiber finishing disc and Carpro Essence.
    Small Areas: Porter Cable 7424xp, 3" Backing plate and 3" Megs mf discs.
    Wheels: Cleaned with Iron-X snow soap. Reload on wheels. DLux on tires.
    LSP: All paint surfaces are coated with two thick coats of CQuartz FINEST.

Video: This is my very first video attempt - (I did the vid with my iPhone)

Pictures:

CQuartz FINEST - Boom Sauce!

Thanks for Looking...
    Last edited by Merlin; 07-14-2017 at 01:39 PM.

2. The Following User Liked Merlin For This Useful Post:

cayman150 (07-19-2016)

'03 Shamu/Build #04441
    Name: Sean

Liked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Very nice as usual! Had to look up "DISO" though. The "Dealership Installed Swirl Option" is very sad for anyone, especially a brand new car owner;(

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Very sad, have a buddy with a brand new 5.0 and the " DISO" oh their car is worse then my truck! smh

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 F150 View Post
    Very nice as usual! Had to look up "DISO" though. The "Dealership Installed Swirl Option" is very sad for anyone, especially a brand new car owner;(
    In this case there wre tons of buffer trails (Holograms). You could see the holograms from 10-20 feet away.
    It looked like the dealerships "detailer" used a wool pad with a gigantic "old Skool" rotary on glossy BLACK paint!

Quote Originally Posted by BENNY832 View Post
    Very sad, have a buddy with a brand new 5.0 and the " DISO" oh their car is worse then my truck! smh
    DISO is caused by many things at the dealership. If they "contract out" washing cars on the lot, the animals that do it use dirty rags and towels.
    If the $tealership has their own "drive thru car wash" they usually have the "Tunnel o' Swirls" horizontal brushes, egg beater, scratch monster.

When I purchased my car two years ago I found one with the options I wanted. The salesman started to drive it through their "Tunnel O' Swirls".
    I quietly told him..."If you drive this car through that car wash, I refuse to buy it." I have never seen a a car go that fast in reverse! (Big Grin)

I recently did a Lexus Obsidian (Obscene) Black. It is super soft paint (even softer than the California Tesla paint). It came in ugly.
    It left looking like what it should have looked like when you spend that much money on a luxury automobile loaded with "extras".

If I can, I try to get folks to tell the $tealership "Do not wash"...Peal the transport plastic off & bring it directly to me to get it done.

SIDE NOTE: IMHO The Camaro looked like black glass with four tires when he picked it up. He was truly thrilled!!!

Name: Benny

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    WOW amazing, I was under the impression they had expert detailers or something. Boy was I wrong! great to know! learning has occurred. I know you gave us some of your contacts in your network who detail, but would you happen to know any mobile ones? I wish I lived close by I would love to get a 101

Quote Originally Posted by BENNY832 View Post
    WOW amazing, I was under the impression they had expert detailers or something. Boy was I wrong! great to know! learning has occurred.
    I know you gave us some of your contacts in your network who detail, but would you happen to know any mobile ones?
    I wish I lived close by I would love to get a 101
    No sadly, $tealerships are cheap! The "detailer" at a $tealership usually makes minimum wage.
    I have a friend that does only $tealerships. $45 per car-Wash every week & wash before pickup.
    Yes, he goes to the $tealership and washes the same car every week until it is sold all for $45.
    That includes coming by to wash the car & interior when the car is sold, before customer pick up.
    He has crews that he has trained to do a fast job. I believe he currently does 15-20 dealerships.

The only remote folks that I would recommend would be folks in the same CQF network I am in.
    Same may be mobile but...to do really good work it is best from a fixed location (tools/time etc.).